Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

I think its pretty important to know what POTRIPPER or DOUBLEDRAG folded in the Hands where the other guys Held AA/KK/QQ/JJ and I think its also important what he held when he was betting with when there was no Showdown.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a suggestion.

It has already been suggested to approach Bluff or Cardplayer magazines. While this was a good idea, I highly doubt that they will print anything we submitted to them since it would affect advertising dollars from AP and most likely other online sites as well! There is definitely a conflict of interest for either of these publications to publish such a negative story. I would assume they would get pressure from other online sites not to print it. Since it could also negatively impact their business.

Instead, I suggest that we collectively create a statement that explains the situation clearly to anyone. Basically a cliff notes of the cliff notes. It should contain accurate statistical data, and it would not hurt to mention recognizable winners in online poker (assuming that they are willing to have their names mentioned) in order to give credibility to the story. Basically to show that it is not someone whining because they got "unlucky" and lost some money.

While this is being done, someone (maybe more then one person) perhaps apefish, if he were willing could gather names and contact info from people in every state and province in the US and Canada, and anywhere else in the world for that matter. These people would be volunteers who would , on an agreed upon date, simultaneously contact and submit our statement to local newspapers in as many possible cities and towns as we have volunteers for. At the very least we would have the story submitted to one newspaper in every major city in US and Canada. This would be over 60 newspapers at a minimum. It would reach a HUGE volume of people and if there was interest in the story, local radio and television stations would likely comment on it as well. It would be much a much more effective tactic to get AP to answer for what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]
why the hell do you even bother, whos gonna read this?
Old 09-20-2007, 01:39 PM

krum the only reason we cant discount the 190 hands stats is because the sample size is only 2 (if we are counting via 100 hand samples) which is the lowest possible and has a huge rejection region and i dont have a SD but only a couple hundred more would be enough if it was a sustanined winrate (which it is if all of the pt screenshots are compiled together)

this is ofc not counting the river af and HH's which decrease the probability exponatially. The fact that we can even get close to rejecting the stats with 95% confidence with a high sd and very low sample size is ridiculous in itself seeing as 90/70 is not common at HS games which are uncommon themselves

it just keeps compounding and compounding until we get to a ridic prob like 10^20:1 as stated somewhere else
Old 09-20-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is has over 70 pages of posts. It's quite obvious people are reading this.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread is has over 70 pages of posts. It's quite obvious people are reading this.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah but all kinds of pple with a few posts are writing pages of how they think it is, nobody is gonna read that. I doubt anybody will waste time reading all those pages, since nothing interested is said.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah but all kinds of pple with a few posts are writing pages of how they think it is, nobody is gonna read that. I doubt anybody will waste time reading all those pages, since nothing interested is said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I guess I wasted 10 minutes of my day writing that post. And 30 seconds writing this one. Sucks, but I think I'll live.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:56 PM

adanthar said already: The NL...100% rigged. No question about that.

We have at least overwhelming evidence and sufficent facts gathered and have in any case the right to claim for further investigation. And such an investigation can only be done by independent certified public auditors like PWC.

There is no other solution neither for Absolute nor for the whole poker community. If this audit is not done the whole poker community will suffer. We can neither negate nor affirm. This is a very buggy situation and requires full clarification.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
adanthar said already: The NL...100% rigged. No question about that.

We have at least overwhelming evidence and sufficent facts gathered and have in any case the right to claim for further investigation. And such an investigation can only be done by independent certified public auditors like PWC.

There is no other solution neither for Absolute nor for the whole poker community. If this audit is not done the whole poker community will suffer. We can neither negate nor affirm. This is a very buggy situation and requires full clarification.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, AP's credibility is already shot. Since any outcome is not in AP's best interest they need to allow someone else to run the investigiation, especially since they seem to even deny the chip dumping hands.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:06 PM

apefish:

[ QUOTE ]
"is there any hand where the suspected accounts put any bad money in on the river?" outside the dumping sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't there a misread where superuser overlooked a backdoor flush of his opponent and inadvertently paid him off on the river with the worst hand?

Edit: Here's what I was thinking of

gg
Old 09-20-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly, AP's credibility is already shot. Since any outcome is not in AP's best interest they need to allow someone else to run the investigiation, especially since they seem to even deny the chip dumping hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly think that if there has been cheating on the site, they will allow an investigation to uncover that and kill their business? They could just change the hands in question to suit their position anyway. Like how half the online casion's out there are 'verified' by bodys created by the casion's themselves lol. Their best option is to say and do nothing and just takewhatever hit in terms of customers this debacle has caused. If they do anything they would only inflame the issue and they could put the whole lot at risk.

So basically it can't be independantly investigated, bar the investigation from the poker community itself like in this thread. And the community has already proved beyond a doubt there has been cheating. Why have some people started trying to cloud the issue in the last few pages, as if it's still being debated whether cheating occurred, this was agreed on about 20 pages ago. Have some people got some kind of agenda here or something?
Closed Thread