Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Play65 Backgammon - Cashout times?

i deposited to my play65.com backgammon site with my neteller account a couple weeks ago. ran my 20$ deposit into 100$ and cashed out to my neteller 5 days ago. ive emailed them and their response 2 days ago was to "be patient" and expect the cashout in the "next day or two".

since i still havent rec'd the cashout, i emailed them today and they said theyre going to wait until after the weekend to process it - thatll be over a week since i requested a cashout.

i guess im just used to poker sites taking 2-3 days max typically.

this is my first cashout from this site - does anyone have any experience with them? quite frankly, i didnt appreciate the tone of their emails to me either.

also, can anyone recommend another online backgammon site to play on?

thx. --KM
Old 06-09-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Play65 Backgammon - Cashout times?

Cashing out from Play65 takes a few days, yes.

I stopped playing there because their rake is criminally high: 10% or more on cash games, and 15-50% on tourneys.

For some strange reason, most other sites cause errors on my computer.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cashing out from Play65 takes a few days, yes.

I stopped playing there because their rake is criminally high: 10% or more on cash games, and 15-50% on tourneys.

For some strange reason, most other sites cause errors on my computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

is there another b-gammon site youve tried out?
Old 06-10-2006, 09:17 AM

No, not enough to have an opinion.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:40 AM

TrueMoneyGames is a better site for play. Rakes are much lower, and they don't have a rating system. Rating systems tend to depress action substantially.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TrueMoneyGames is a better site for play. Rakes are much lower, and they don't have a rating system. Rating systems tend to depress action substantially.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rake is pretty severe I think at TMG, which is where I play. I like that I can right-click to make points. I don't think any of the other sites have that. I also wouldn't want to be on a site with a rating system. I wish there were more backgammon fish gambling online but it looks like there aren't, or else I'm playing on the wrong site.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

supposedly partybackgammon is getting going soon. that might bring some fish in. hard to say.

The rake is pretty severe I think at TMG, which is where I play. I like that I can right-click to make points. I don't think any of the other sites have that. I also wouldn't want to be on a site with a rating system. I wish there were more backgammon fish gambling online but it looks like there aren't, or else I'm playing on the wrong site.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-14-2006, 11:03 PM

I had the same experience with gammonempire, which is a skin of play65. Several days to process cashout and the customer service seemed to have an attitude. Could just be a culture thing, I don't know. They did at least have a live chat customer service, and the cashout did come through into my Neteller account.

Truemoneygames and gamesgrid both have 'better' rake structures, but not much. The cashout times at both are very fast and reliable, however there is not much action from 'live-ones', and you are likely to find yourself up against experts if you are playing for any reasonable stakes.

The rating system issue is really NOT an issue in my experience. Rating systems can be manipulated so you can't trust them, but with snowie or GNU you just analyze all your games/matches and very quickly get a pretty good idea of who you can beat the rake against, and who you are donating. Many of the players at TMG won't play against you once you've shown them you are solid over a few games.

But TMG used to have some pretty good tournaments and some reasonable freerolls as well.