Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 04:56 PM

Default 1/2 S8b AA8 hand

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises

4th Street - (9.65 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (6.83 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (8.83 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (10.83 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___raises
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

Total pot: (14.83 BB - $29.65)
Old 03-31-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: 1/2 S8b AA8 hand

His extreme aggression early on and the dead Deuces narrow his range pretty good. Pocket Aces or maybe 34 suited? I'm more inclined to think the latter given the action on 4th and 5th.

5th might be a bet since he bricked and you're still ahead for high. I'd probably play the rest the same and hope he rivered a flush and not a 6-high straight.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:10 PM

He has 3 suited babies in the hole or a pair of aces, or he's an idiot. 3rd is good.

You need to jam 5th; you are literally ahead 100% of the time against a player who is not a total idiot; he has either aces with a worse kicker and dead cards, or a 3 flush/4 low gutshot. It's scary, but you have to push your edge.

The rest is fine.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 PM

5th confused me, not sure what I was thinking
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 AM

Definitely bet fifth. You're winning. I'd lean towards checking the river.