FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:36 PM

Default $50NL- 4-bet or call with Q\'s pf against unknown

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $54.70
SB: $50.25
Hero (BB): $51.65

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">BTN raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $7</font>, Hero calls $6.50, BTN folds

Flop: ($16) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, SB folds

Results: $16 Pot ($0.80 Rake)
Hero mucked Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and WON $15.20 (+$8.20 NET)

Villian is 20/20 over 15 hands so I don't know much about him. Against unknowns are you more inclined to 4-bet or just call the 3-bet? I'm guessing I'm going broke over any flop that is lower than Q's right with both of us having 100xbb stacks.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:48 PM

Default Re: $50NL- 4-bet or call with Q\'s pf against unknown

3handed I'd be more inclined to 4bet/push.

Oh, wait, you flat called? That's pretty horrible. I thought at first we were debating calling in position to a simple HU 3bet. Interesting also that you don't include button in your no read -- you should be thinking of button almost as much as you're thinking of sb. He can profitably call a large portion of his range now.

3handed, raise, call push. Or simply push. Doesn't matter a whole lot w/o reads. I vote 3bet.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3handed I'd be more inclined to 4bet/push.

Oh, wait, you flat called? That's pretty horrible. I thought at first we were debating calling in position to a simple HU 3bet. Interesting also that you don't include button in your no read -- you should be thinking of button almost as much as you're thinking of sb. He can profitably call a large portion of his range now.

3handed, raise, call push. Or simply push. Doesn't matter a whole lot w/o reads. I vote 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I should of 4-bet because of button. If it was just heads up what would you do? I don't get the last part when you said 3-bet. You mean 4-bet it?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:56 PM

I like 4 betting and calling a shove. Kasane makes a good point in reference to the BU. You don't want to give him odds to call.