Espresso etc 3 6.98%
Girly Coffee 6 13.95%
Herbal Tea 2 4.65%
Tea (milk..) 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2006, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

Lock it up throughout the playoffs.

The road to the SB goes through Chi-town.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2006, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Unreal ..
1 night later.

I don't know how this will affect anything, but it's sure a strange occurrence of events.

Bodyguard shot dead, Johnson on the scene

[/ QUOTE ]
Looks like it might effect alot. With the brass meeting today to decide whether or not to cut him. Tough balance between trying to send a message and dealing with a guy who has his whole world crashing down on him.

Weird game yesterday. I watched the whole game and never thought it was out of control. Never thought it was slipping. Maybe it is the confidence that gets built up in the defense over the past few years. The secondary is a bit exposed without Johnson and Vasher. They are fine with the base set, but when a third WR comes in they struggle. The Bears also had a real tough time without their d-line depth. The weird part is that the run defense is a little better with Scott and Boone. But the pass rush really suffers.

I don't like that some of tendencies from last year are starting to pop out. Maybe when Vasher comes back they will have enough depth to not be so exposed to those deep passes. But, if they have no Tank or Tommie there will be more blitzing. Which means more guys that can slip deep. Just have to hope the offense continues on this pace.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:28 AM

I think the road goes through Grossman's play. The D has been off lately. I don't think either of the last 2 weeks performances would have held up against any decent NFC team.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the road goes through Grossman's play. The D has been off lately. I don't think either of the last 2 weeks performances would have held up against any decent NFC team.

[/ QUOTE ]There is a decent NFC team?!?!!? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2006, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I somewhat agree with this, obviously, QB is the most important position on the field. If Payton Manning has a bad day, they lose too.

However, for the Bears, the defense is the crown jewel, and right now this D is hurting. In the second half (minus yet another Hester fumble) the crappy Bucs were able to move the ball down the field (passing) seemingly at will. This is a bad sign.

Vasher should be back, I don't know about Johnson, anyone heard any word?

Gottdamn, Mike Brown we miss you. Also, Tank Johnson:

"While the NFC North champions clinched home-field advantage in the playoffs, Johnson's future was in doubt. The defensive tackle was arrested for the third time in 18 months and hit with misdemeanor weapons charges after a raid at his home on Thursday. Less than 12 hours after issuing a public apology, Johnson was at a nightclub with a friend who was shot to death."

Kid, get your [censored] life together before you piss it all away. It might already be too late.

You're a millionaire a few times over, stop acting like a retard still living in the [censored] hood. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

It really makes me angry to see these guys pissing away talent like this. Come the [censored] on!
Old 12-18-2006, 11:06 AM

Some teams can win with their QB playing like crap. Chicago was one of them before their D also started playing like crap. Peyton with his inferior D this year, can't afford it while Rivers with LT + D can. If your D and running game are good you can win. Example is the Steelers in the SB last year, you don't need great QB play to win. Earlier in the season, Chicago could do this, now it doesn't look possible. TB had honestly the 2nd worst O in the league and for some reason gave Chicago a ton of problems late in the game. I know Tim Rattay was a super sub yesterday but come on.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:12 AM

The Bear's D is pretty banged up right now.

Lots of gaps being filled by 2nd and 3rd string players.

They are solid, but not the same crew that started the year.

Hopefully a couple guys will get healthy again and the dinged up players (Ogunleye, Tillman, etc) will be able to get healthy during the week bye in the playoffs. We'll see.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:13 AM

Shajen,
I hereby release you from paying the debt of our avater bet. You have worn Tom well, but I feel with playoffs approaching asking you to continue would simply be too much.

Warmest Regards,

kbz
Old 12-18-2006, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shajen,
I hereby release you from paying the debt of our avater bet. You have worn Tom well, but I feel with playoffs approaching asking you to continue would simply be too much.

Warmest Regards,

kbz

[/ QUOTE ]

KB4Z,

That is mighty gracious of you. Actually, it really threw me off. I kept reading my own posts thinking they were yours and wondering for a brief second "ok, when did I write this?" LOL. Thanks dude.

Back to Parnell kitty I go.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I kept reading my own posts thinking they were yours and wondering for a brief second "ok, when did I write this?" LOL. Thanks dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that was happening to me too. led to a lot of "WTF?" moments...and was probably a bigger reason than the playoffs for releasing your avatar [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]