Espresso etc 3 6.98%
Girly Coffee 6 13.95%
Herbal Tea 2 4.65%
Tea (milk..) 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2006, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

[quoteI fought with MyTurn for a while that Bears fans really didn't just want a conservative QB that would go out and "not lose" the game. We would take that to win, but really want to have a quality offense. We don't need to be the Colts, but would be fine if we had a middle of the pack offense. Right now the Bears have the best defense in the NFC, the best special teams and the 6th best offense. Do they need to keep Rex from going turnover crazy in the playoffs? Yes. Do they need Rex to win in the playoffs? Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is spot on. I said before this week that offense needs to score 20+ points to beat a good team. After yesterday's Tampa game I feel that way even more.

Bears fans (I am a fan) in general need to lose the "great defense, Bears weather, QB who manages the game & doesn't turn it over" mentality. While no turnovers are crucial for Rex, defense alone isn't going to win.

Times have change, this isn't the '85 Bears who are going to shutout the Giants and Vince Ferragamo led Rams on the way to face wild card Pats in the Super Bowl. NFC isn't looking great, but there is likely going to be at least one team (NO, Dallas?) who will be playing well and come to Chicago in the NFC championship game IF Bears go that far.

Bears need points in bunches to win vs. playoff teams. That's why they needed to stick with Rex as he'll give them the best chance to win. Which is scary also.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]