Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When the big 1k/2k NLHE/PLO game was running at the WSOP this summer, wasn't it often full ring or close to?

And didn't Barry Greenstein say that Aba was doing the BEST out of everyone there? (And Antonius WAS in that game for some of it. Ditto with Kenny Tran, Bobby Baldwin, etc.). And wasn't it fairly deepstacked?

And Aba IS considered primarily an Internet player. So despite Greenstein's acknowledgement that Aba was performing the best there, and Antonius' knowledge of Aba's ability - Antonius is basically saying Aba even then isn't one of the top 20 NLHE live deep stacked full ring players?

Seriously?

I think Taylor Caby is right. Seriously it sounds like Antonius is just being clever about this. No way Aba performs as well as he did, even with Greenstein's comments, and not be even considered by Antonius as one of the top 20. That is really ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

this post is a little contradictory...you acknowledge that patrik was being clever about this by lying to protect fish...then you give no thought to the possibility that he is doing this when talking about aba

[/ QUOTE ]

Sry if I was being unclear. What I meant was that I find it very unlikely that Antonius would not consider Aba one of the top 20 NLHE players in any scenario (whether it be live full ring or not), and so it seems even more likely then that TC must be right.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When the big 1k/2k NLHE/PLO game was running at the WSOP this summer, wasn't it often full ring or close to?

And didn't Barry Greenstein say that Aba was doing the BEST out of everyone there? (And Antonius WAS in that game for some of it. Ditto with Kenny Tran, Bobby Baldwin, etc.). And wasn't it fairly deepstacked?

And Aba IS considered primarily an Internet player. So despite Greenstein's acknowledgement that Aba was performing the best there, and Antonius' knowledge of Aba's ability - Antonius is basically saying Aba even then isn't one of the top 20 NLHE live deep stacked full ring players?

Seriously?

I think Taylor Caby is right. Seriously it sounds like Antonius is just being clever about this. No way Aba performs as well as he did, even with Greenstein's comments, and not be even considered by Antonius as one of the top 20. That is really ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
wait so now 1 game determines who the best is?

I thought that all that mattered was the long run?

Ohhh no, i see now. It only depends on what you want. If it benefits online poker players to show one live session and say aba won big, then you'll do that. But if I can name one session where online players get killed, everyone will cry that it was one session and "we play millions of hands more than them"

you guys are ridiculous. You can't have both. either agree with what PA says or don't agree with it. But this pathetic man crush thing is a little too much. Many of you worship the ground that this guy walks on and take his word as the word of God, but then ignore what he says when it doesn't fit your agenda.

And the fact that most of these arguments are coming from players who aren't even in the "top 20" makes it all the more pathetic.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this game ran 7 handed max. all games should be like that. oh welllllllll
Old 11-24-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh no, i see now. It only depends on what you want. If it benefits online poker players to show one live session and say aba won big, then you'll do that. But if I can name one session where online players get killed, everyone will cry that it was one session and "we play millions of hands more than them"

you guys are ridiculous. You can't have both. either agree with what PA says or don't agree with it. But this pathetic man crush thing is a little too much. Many of you worship the ground that this guy walks on and take his word as the word of God, but then ignore what he says when it doesn't fit your agenda.

And the fact that most of these arguments are coming from players who aren't even in the "top 20" makes it all the more pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol QFT, and seriously aba might have been doing well until he tried a $900k bluff into the stone cold nuts.

That sort of blew the profit on the trip I assume
Old 11-24-2007, 07:37 PM

Man, Sklansky must really miss Brandi if this is his new gossip-starting material to get NVG pageviews.

I didn't read much of this thread, I just wanted to mention that when I saw David mention "very big, live game, full table NLH games" I literally lol'd. If games like this went off even remotely regularly I'm sure online players would actually play them much more frequently.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it was mostly shorthanded and Brian finished slightly up, mostly from that Farha HU.(not positive since he took those blogs down) But gave a good chunk 800-900 to Bobby on a complete bluff in PLO.(could be that reading thingy everyone is quick to disregard, and shook his confidence imo) Isn't it possible Barry wants him to come back to Vegas, like Sammy? Maybe throw a couple more games in the mix, while he's at it.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh and LOLOLOLOLOLLERSKATES at anyone including Krantz in the top 20 list

[/ QUOTE ]

could you give me your top 20? and maybe include something about their strengths and weaknesses? Only if you have time between visiting your other forums, of course. Might even take ur mind off of how sad ur life is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol QFT, and seriously aba might have been doing well until he tried a $900k bluff into the stone cold nuts.

That sort of blew the profit on the trip I assume

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah well i just don't understand how this works...
everyone takes everything that PA says and writes it down in their journals and when he finally says the exact opposite of what they want to hear, half of them ignore it, and the other half pretend it's DS's fault. what a joke.

PA is better at answering the question than anyone on these forums and he answered it. end of discussion.

Now cue the mediorce to poor internet players that defend the great internet players who give a damn about them.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:10 PM

Can nobody see what's going on here? It's such a clear meta-game move. Patrick Antonius is just saying this about online players to tilt them, so that next time he's making the rounds of 200-400 and 300-600 HU NL online, everyone is all mad and tilted and donks off their rollz to him.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP,

you are a waste of life

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't get it. why is this young [punk] being so disrespectful?

skalansky is one of our masters, like doyle; you do not disrespect a master

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, Arnold.

I don't understand why David comes in for so much [censored] when he posts.
Does he need this tsuris?