Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Can you fold QQ here?

It's early in the SnG, so none of my reads are rock solid, but here are my general impressions...

SB and BB are tight players. BB hasn't played a hand yet I don't think. First limper is loose-aggressive. Second limper is tight as well.

So the LAG player limps and the one tight player limps. With QQ, I have to raise. Was thinking a largish amount like to 200 or 220, but decided that I could get the tight blinds and tight second limper to fold to a smaller raise and that the LAG player would call anyways, so figured a smaller raise would be best. But with a big PP against loose limpers, you want them to pay, so maybe shoulda bet bigger. But I also had position, so didn't think I had to raise as strongly, could use the position to my advantage. Settled on a close to a 4.5x raise to 175. First question: Do you like that raise? Or do you prefer a larger one?

So here's the HH:

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t40 (8 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB (t1650)
UTG (t3045)
UTG+1 (t825)
MP1 (t1455)
MP2 (t1695)
CO (t1455)
Hero (t1755)
SB (t1620)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t40, CO calls t40, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t175</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t135, MP2 calls t135, CO folds.

Flop: (t585) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t585</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t1520 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1580 (All-In)</font>, BB calls t890 (All-In).

Turn: (t5160) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

River: (t5160) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5160

Although it's too early to get great reads, I pegged the BB as pretty tight as his mere preflop call coupled with the bet out into two opponents in a raised pot is consistent with trips, but also with a few overpairs I have beat (99-JJ). Maybe some other hands as well like two overs and a flush draw. I should be very concerned by the raiser, but he seems pretty loose aggressive, I could see him doing that with just the weak top pair 8s. But it's early in the SnG, so I was also thinking "better safe than sorry" and that I should perhaps just fold where I'm probably not that strong against the total ranges of my opponents...but at the $2 SnG level (which this was), people make such horrible bets and raises all the time, so ultimately decided to call. What do you think?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Can you fold QQ here?

pf I raise to 200 and at a $2 no, not even remotely considering folding
Old 11-14-2007, 03:07 AM

i havent considered folding QQ on that type of flop and most likely never will

raise 200 pf is a good idea could even bump to 250 if you like make those limpers fold or make it expensive
Old 11-14-2007, 05:07 AM

You're read is that one of the limnpers might call a larger raise, and with that said you should get as much of his money in PF and raise a bit more. Depending on your read you should raise between 200 and 300 in my opinion. After the flop I never fold this, especially at a low SNG.