Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Cheapest nice rural place to live in the US ?

you can get 45 minutes away from SanAntino texas and feel like your 4 hours away from anything. 200k goes very far there.
There are some places along the gulf in south texas where you might not get alot of land, or a whole lot of house for 200k, but you sure get a whole lot of quiet and good foodand very un-nosey neighbors. pretty hot in the summer tho

live in kentucky growing up 45 minutes outside of Louisville(sp?) its really nice

i like utah alot, southern utah i heard doesnt get as much snow, but still has all 4 seasons, when we lived there people were flocking to utah from cali
Old 03-03-2007, 03:55 AM

Flocking to Utah from California sounds crazed.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:16 AM

I live in the southern Missouri portion of the Ozarks. Land is still reasonable in southern Missouri/northern Arkansas. It is a four season climate with fairly mild winters. This has been one of our worst winters in recent years, and everyone is bellyaching because we have had six weeks of "hard" winter. That last two winters, we had scarcely any snow, and when it does fall, it is usally gone in a week.

This is a conservative area that is part of the Bible belt. But not everyone is religious or extremely conservative. You can find kindred spirits anywhere you might live, if you look around a bit.

I think the conservatism is balanced to a large degree by a nautral friendliness, politeness, helpfullness, and a certain "live and let live" approach to life. As long as one treats others with kindness and respect, they will return the favor.

And on a side note, fwiw, Mike Caro has written a couple times about living in the Missouri Ozarks. Don't know if he is still living here, but he was a couple years ago.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Arkansas in the Ozark Mountains.
Southern enough to get warm weather, but you still get the four seasons.
Dirt cheap.
Also geographically, the most stable part of the entire country.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Moved from Pensacola, Florida w/the intention of getting a cheap graduate education and moving back, don't plan on leaving.