Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 09:06 AM

Default Just placed 10 units +4 NYGiants; 10 units Moneyline NYGiants

This play was selected because of my own feelings about this game and ChickenMcfly's confirmation that it's what he believes will happen. I watched last week's MNF (I put money on the Bears) and noticed that Giants were very much in the game first half. And Tiki Barber was playing very well until he got hit in the thumb which wasn't serious but was clearly bothering him. This week should have made that thumb better and for the Giants, it's their second week w/out Strahan (I believe?) So they should be more adjusted to their injuries.

I also beleive in schedule and next week for the Giants is Tennessee which is nobody to be really worried about so there's no chance the Giants will be overlooking the Jags.

I don't think the Jags are as good as they said to be and quite frankly, nobody knows which type of Jags team will show up week in and week out. Hopefully the bad one shows up.

I'm also thinking about taking the Over at 38 1/2. Any thoughts, comments,
Old 11-20-2006, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Just placed 10 units +4 NYGiants; 10 units Moneyline NYGiants

[ QUOTE ]
quite frankly, nobody knows which type of Jags team will show up week in and week out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that makes a reasonable case for the Moneyline, I'm not sure it makes such a good case for taking the +4 as if the good Jags show up then 4 might not be enough anyway.

Lori
Old 11-20-2006, 09:29 AM

I like jags...but who am I.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
quite frankly, nobody knows which type of Jags team will show up week in and week out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that makes a reasonable case for the Moneyline, I'm not sure it makes such a good case for taking the +4 as if the good Jags show up then 4 might not be enough anyway.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. If the argument is that the either the [censored] or great team will show up then the moneyline is the clear pick. I think this game isn't close, although I'm not really sure which way it will go (If that makes sense)

As it stands, I'm laying off.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:41 AM

This game is VERY similar to the San Diego - Denver game from last night. It's way TOO close to call.

If Jacksonville shows up, they will win. If they don't, Giants win. Flip your coin.

I certainly wouldn't be putting 20 units on it.

But good luck to you OP.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:55 AM

The Jags just aren't a good team. They really just haven't beaten anyone good. They lost to Houston twice, a bad NYJ team and a pretty bad Redskins team. They've beaten Philly when they were playing their worst, a Bledsoe-led Dallas team, and a bad Tennessee team. The Pitt win impressed me at the time, but in retrospect it just doesn't prove much.

The Giants on the other hand have kept it close with the best teams in football. The effect their injuries have will make the difference IMO. Although I was on the Bears heavy last week, I was impressed with how they looked with their DEs out. The offense took a big hit with Toomer going down but they still win the offensive matchups easy here I think. Jags might get a slight nod on defense, but I don't know if they can stop the Giants' high-powered offense. I like the Giants ML myself, especially if it keeps going up to close to +200 (currently at +180 or so I believe). Giants win this 1 out of 3 easy IMO.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:00 AM

Well, that's one way to manage a bankroll.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This game is VERY similar to the San Diego - Denver game from last night. It's way TOO close to call.

If Jacksonville shows up, they will win. If they don't, Giants win. Flip your coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, what games do you bet? I see you make this same post in almost every NFL thread.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:37 AM

Although I agree that those types of posts aren't terribly constructive, that is precisely my feeling about 90 percent of NFL games because the lines are so sharp to begin with.

I can't handicap pro football worth a lick, and stick with a simple formula of Wong teasers, Fezzik's picks, and prop bets. Enough to eke out a small profit while satisfying my action jones on Sundays.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:26 PM

Took the NYG alt low -3.5 on Friday. 295 to win 978. It's down to +285 now on pinny.