Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is Fucngr8t the biggest fish at Party 100/200 ?
Yes 20 21.74%
No 19 20.65%
There are others worse 53 57.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Ftp stole my money

[quote I think FullTilt owes Eric further investigation by another investigator (other than the guy who did it originally) or a fuller explanation, with concrete evidence which he can challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your assuming that yout thought process on how FTP does it's investigations is correct. The fact is that nobody here know's the process in which FTP investigates fraud and I suspect it will remain that way, as it should. How do you know fraud investigations are not already reviewed by more than 1 person?

Other than their long review time, I have yet top see evidence that FTP screwed anyone over, ever. Other innocents were eventually cleared.

Eric is not innocent and has gotten what's coming to him. he deserves nothing.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you guys who defend FullTilt blindly seem to believe that FullTilt is one monolithic organism which functions according to certain rules unerringly like a well-tested computer program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, if you go back through this thread I am the one who originally pushed the hand history thing.

I am not defending FTP, I am simply being rational.

The fact is FTPDoug has helped several people get their money back.

But in this case he found evidence that looked pretty condemning.

Based on Doug's past track record, and the fact that it isn't even his department, he definitely deserves a little benefit of the doubt.

I already refuse to transfer money to anyone else because of past problems where someone connected to someone, connected to someone, had something to do with someone doing something suspicious and had their account frozen "until further investigation".

And now after this little fiasco you can bet I will keep the bare minimum required to play my limits. I pretty much do that anyway, but I used to go a few days and keep a little more online in case I had a downswing.

Now I will just make the extra effort via Neteller if I need more, and make regular withdrawals.

FTP's security department is flawed, but this idiotic mob routine accomplishes nothing at this point.

However, the next time a similar incident thread pops up regarding FTP, I'll be voicing my opinion along with the rest of you, but for this particular incident, it's a bit old until we get something of a response from FTP.

And if we get no response, then there you have it, trust FTP even less than you do now.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:20 PM

Well, if FTPDoug comes back and tells us that all fund seizures are fully and independently reviewed by a separate party, then I'd be 95% satisfied. That's all he has to do. I'd take his word for it.

But absent such safeguard, all your money really is at the mercy of one potentially malicious employee or a simple mistake.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please keep your word Doug - Eric had some questions you havent answered yet.....

[/ QUOTE ]

He said he'd try, not that he would.

And it doesn't matter what FTP does at this point, Eric will just waive his hands and make some more stuff up. First it was "They stole my money and won't even tell me what I did" , then it was "They told me what I did, but now they won't PROVE IT!".

If FTP posted HHs of the dumping, Eric would just say "how do you know they were fraudsters?"

Eric has lied all through this thread, either intentionally or by omission, or just plain forgetting.

He opened an account, put some money in. Got a bunch of money dumped to him, and then took shots at a big score. He lost the money. He opened a new account, and repeated the process. Only this time, he hit when taking his shot and then tried to run with the ill-gotten gains. He got caught, and is too stupid to know when to let go.

I believe FTP over this clown, and here's why:

Eric has lied, been abusive, and evasive. FTP has been honest (as far as we know), polite, and consistent. On top of that FTPDoug has been critical of the company he represents, stating more than once that the fraud team needs to improve their responsiveness.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, if FTPDoug comes back and tells us that all fund seizures are fully and independently reviewed by a separate party, then I'd be 95% satisfied. That's all he has to do. I'd take his word for it.

But absent such safeguard, all your money really is at the mercy of one potentially malicious employee or a simple mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest post I've seen in a while. Talk about contradicting oneself.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:30 PM

phish, you keep referring to a "malicious employee". Is there a case you know of in regards to this? I agree that unless full tilt is prepared to explain their procedures or put something in writing to show serious improvement then they are flawed. I think there needs to be somethign to overlook ALL the online poker sites. A body set up to protect players, but at the same time look into cases such as fraud. Any further ideas on this??
Old 12-01-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FTP has been honest (as far as we know), polite, and consistent. On top of that FTPDoug has been critical of the company he represents, stating more than once that the fraud team needs to improve their responsiveness.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. Consistent is not a word I would use for FTP at the moment and the only reason is because FTP have not had the chance to be described in this way is because they have only made 2 posts! Nobody doubts the intergity of Doug, but how do you know he actually found that info. for himself? He already said that he would have to try and find answers because it was not his specialit area.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I believe I've got this sorted out. Here's the timeline as I understand it:

I'll try to answer any questions this post might trigger, but understand that since this isn't my area of expertise in the slightest, answers may take a while as I track down someone who can explain this stuff to me.

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

As Doug says its how he understands it, which implies he was told the information rather than obtaining and reviewing it himself. But please doug comeback and prove me wrong if that is the case.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest post I've seen in a while. Talk about contradicting oneself.

[/ QUOTE ]

How's that? I've already said I trust FTPDoug's integrity. If he assures me that such safeguards are in place, then I would believe him and can sleep more soundly at night.

But if such safeguards are not in place, then you and I are at the mercy of any one of a number of unknown employees who may make mistakes or act in bad faith. And we'd have no avenue of appeal.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
phish, you keep referring to a "malicious employee". Is there a case you know of in regards to this? I agree that unless full tilt is prepared to explain their procedures or put something in writing to show serious improvement then they are flawed. I think there needs to be somethign to overlook ALL the online poker sites. A body set up to protect players, but at the same time look into cases such as fraud. Any further ideas on this??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an idea that only Doug, the WSEX GM and occaionally stars comes on here and gives us any communication. Much more than all the other sites who we never hear from. The one that comes on the most gets hit by a barage of flack from idiots that think they are going to be able to dictate policy for these sites. Be happy you get some response and stop all the whining or whine about the sites we never hear from and have no clue what they do if anything to protect us. This is online poker with all its perils of little to no communication. You know that going in. Take your lumps if your screwed or play live. People like eric and the other whiners are the reason that bills get passed. Live with it or play live. Until it is regulated and allowed in the US all your suggestions of what you want sites to do are silly. They can come on line and tell all you want to hear and you would never know if it was true. You kiddies really need to grow up.
Closed Thread