Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Strange call by Roothlus

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ian, wtf that sounded really racist. he's prob rusty but vs a lot of people I don't mind this call esp at 20r if He was CO and you were a blind I think his call should be standard since people have adjusted properly from shoving any Ax to shoving hands that are likely to be live. And make of these hands are Kx and Qx and this calling with KQ is much better then people realize.

Also, I think 20r has new blind structure so that means at 100/200 theres no antees so I hate the call obv a lot more but with antees and move each of them back a spot or two and this call is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
But he didn't raise from CO. It is real unlikely I have Qx/Kx. More likely 88-QQ or AK/AQ. I really don't think you should assume I would be straight restealing here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Ruthlus know your game? He probably gave you a much wider range that included some typical resteal hands when you are rarely/never pushing those here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know Roothlus' game and I wouldn't push with a resteal hand if he raised on the button. I wouldn't push with a resteal type hand against an early position raiser anyway unless he was raising very loosely. I will make a big reraise allin frequently. In this situation I am probably pushing AQ+, 99-QQ and maybe AA/KK. I don't know how I play AQo here.

There is some wild play in the 2nd hour of the 20r and I have seen people pushing against early position raisers with restealing hands, but I don't think it is a good play. It is possible people assume the push is a resteal.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:03 AM

I know his game. Knew it was a bad call and knew if I did click call it was going to be posted on here which is actually sort of funny/sad. It's like you are looking to expose me for making a bad play. Well, looks like you got me. I'm exposed. Burn me at the stake.

Anyways, I was definitely a little rusty tonight and was playing too many tables for the first night back.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know his game. Knew it was a bad call and knew if I did click call it was going to be posted on here which is actually sort of funny/sad. It's like you are looking to expose me for making a bad play. Well, looks like you got me. I'm exposed. Burn me at the stake.

Anyways, I was definitely a little rusty tonight and was playing too many tables for the first night back.

[/ QUOTE ]

for 6 months i forgot you were alive.

nice to see you back!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:54 AM

lol this thread is retarded I know whenever I play the 20r I make dumb plays and play too loose...no reason to make a thread to call someone out about it
Old 08-10-2007, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol this thread is retarded I know whenever I play the 20r I make dumb plays and play too loose...no reason to make a thread to call someone out about it

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my reaction when i read OP too.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:22 AM

this thread reminded me that roothlus is here and i am happy
Old 08-10-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ignore betgo post here more frequently and if I start playing the 20r and not sleep during it then I expect to see you at the final table with me like the 5 other times.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:43 AM

Sorry, I don't know if I should have posted this with the name of villain.

Thought it was kind of strange given Roothlus' tight image and my tight play at loose tables. Sometimes people are still in rebuy mode at this stage though.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:09 PM

it's all good. i also was not paying attention at all to the table and probably should not have been playing it.

and yes, shaundeeb i look forward to our final table battles [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I don't know if I should have posted this with the name of villain.

Thought it was kind of strange given Roothlus' tight image and my tight play at loose tables. Sometimes people are still in rebuy mode at this stage though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you post it at all? Did you think it might be a good call? I mean I seriously don't get your intent here.