Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: The free market will prevail over isolationists and nannys.

[ QUOTE ]
Even for an economics minor, (a noble course of study .... did you see my Nobel on the wall by the way ?), you presume a bit too much from current structures. While I agree that the market will meet demands for services, it is clear that the stigma of illegality will raise the price for services, directly or indirectly.

You write: "On my end, I sent my deposit via Western Union".

That will not last, BetOnSports was indicted for using Western Union like that. It IS highly possible that, like fish in the sea, online gaming transfers via Western Union will slip past the flood of small transfers headed South from the US daily. However, that will not be a major factor in the flow of US deposits.

As for cashouts, which are not covered by the UIGE Act by the way, I agree with you ... "When I make a withdrawl, they can send me a paper check which does not "Pokerstars" on it, so I will have no trouble depositing or cashing it in the US."

The fact will remain that, for those US players who are willing to jump thru hoops perhaps, there will continue to be a World market of poker playing online.

Isolationists cannot defeat the relentless push for services from a worldwide market. For US players there will be ONE market, the World ... they will be able to tap into it, albeit at an increased indirect cost compared to their foreign counterparts.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I want you to know that about a year ago I spent several days driving around listening to the audio versions of your books. I appreciate you interrupting your long dirt nap to write to me.

Second, my econ minor will probably become a second major, with political science. I figure this double major will get me a great job as a poker lobbyist in congress. But by then I'll be too busy 20-tabling the big online tournaments, so maybe not.

Anyway, thanks for telling the government to lower taxes and let me keep my money.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:07 AM

Default Re: The free market will prevail over isolationists and nannys.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even for an economics minor, (a noble course of study .... did you see my Nobel on the wall by the way

[/ QUOTE ]

Condolences on your recent death.

[/ QUOTE ]

This joke seems like iit would be funny, but I don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: UIGEA Screws Tightening on Pro Net Gaming Offshore Banks!

gaboonviper, you are the least respected poster on this site, but you insist on polluting cyberspace with your vapid garbage.

It's not your fault, you can't help being pathetic - that's your lot in life. It's 2+2's fault for still allowing your hysterical crap.

Go play some poker and go away.