Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 11:50 AM

Default ATs - I confuse myself

I don't have a lot of hands on anyone. They all seem quite loose.

Preflop: I raise because I figure to have an edge against the field.

Flop: C-Bet will take this down never against this crowd, so I check and see what happens and then peel with my overcard and backdoor draws.

Turn: This is where it gets weird for me. I don't know if I should bet even if it turns my hand face up, and I'm not sure if I should check-raise for value with TP 4th kicker. So I revert to the good ol' "when confused, call"-strategy. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

River: I don't want to have it check through so I bet, planning to call one more bet back to me most of the time.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, ...
Old 04-28-2007, 11:54 AM

Default Re: ATs - I confuse myself

You need to raise this turn and hope no one catches their flush on the river, especially catching the field for another bet. River is a b/c for one you're probably not good if it comes back 2.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:24 PM

I'm mostly debating between betting and check-raising the turn. Check-calling was pretty weak but hey, at least I didn't fold.

The thing is that I probably have the best hand there and there's no guarantee any of these guys will bet my hand for me. UTG is going to have a king most the time, and may be scared of the ace. There are probably flush draws out there. So basically giving everyone a free card would suck majorly.

If I bet it's likely that everyone is going to (correctly) put me on an ace, but I think that may be much less worse than potentially giving everyone infinite odds to catch up?
Old 04-28-2007, 12:36 PM

Leading is better. There is nothing wrong with taking the pot down right here. You will be called by lots of weird things at .25/.50 even if you actually did turn your cards face up.

Since you didn't bet a c/r is better, if you know UTG is aggro and will probably keep betting the c/r is better than leading. Against unknowns though you can't know this.

C/Cing is the worst choice. You are risking this getting checked through and letting the field catch up for free.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a lot of hands on anyone. They all seem quite loose.

Preflop: I raise because I figure to have an edge against the field.

Flop: C-Bet will take this down never against this crowd, so I check and see what happens and then peel with my overcard and backdoor draws.

Turn: This is where it gets weird for me. I don't know if I should bet even if it turns my hand face up, and I'm not sure if I should check-raise for value with TP 4th kicker. So I revert to the good ol' "when confused, call"-strategy. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

River: I don't want to have it check through so I bet, planning to call one more bet back to me most of the time.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (10SB, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7BB, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

pf - I don't know if your raise is for value with everyone but you in the pot already, and you being oop for the rest of the hand. I'd take the free play.

flop - you have IO to play, but I think you're drawing thin. I don't think folding here is a mistake. I don't know if I'd overcall with 3 outs max. There's definitely another A out there.

turn - c/raise for value

river - bet fold
Old 04-28-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leading is better

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is 6max, aren't we're pretty much guaranteed another bet here even without reads? A c/r would bring the most value to our hand and charge FD the max.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I should bet even if it turns my hand face up...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should. Nobody's folding a straight/flush draw, worse ace, or pretty much any made hand, anyway, and the worst thing you can do is let the turn check through and the draws a free card.

And, no, based solely on the pf play of this hand I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's no guarantee that this passive bunch is going to fire again on the turn. Was this actually 6-max, or a full-ring table that had gone short?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Leading is better

[/ QUOTE ]

if this is 6max, aren't we're pretty much guaranteed another bet here even without reads? A c/r would bring the most value to our hand and charge FD the max.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what are you planning to do if you get 3bet?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:55 PM

donk that turn.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:58 PM

that would be a tough decision to make without reads...

I see yours and Kerowo's point about how leading is better in this situation.