Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
great post teddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very Inspirational
Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Slacker McFly, show your friend the wedding photos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, I'll send him the link to pass on to the guy at the WSOP. I don't know the guy who was there, he is a friend of my friend.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine related a story from the 2006 WSOP where another of his pals was playing a tourney with a UB guy. They got chatting and went on break to dinner together. UB guy asked to borrow the friend's laptop to check up on somebody in a UB tourney.

When the UB dude logged in to the site, all the hole cards were revealed while they watched. UB dude logged off after finding what he was looking for.

The friend didn't know who the UB guy was and didn't see him after he busted out later that evening.

I dismissed it as BS at the time until all of this came up. Couldn't see the rationale behind some random dude at the WSOP borrowing somebody's laptop and revealing that sort of of power to a relative stranger in that setting.

So.... pfffft. Now I don't know what to make of the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

SLACKER: u MUST get your "friend" to get in touch with us. We need more info about this...he may not have much, but what little you've told us is HUGE
Old 10-22-2007, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- Harass AP affiliates, blacklist them, refuse to give business to anyone who deals with AP. Loss of affiliate traffic is definitely going to hurt AP.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about rakeback affiliates? I took AP and UB off my rakeback site but i'm not sure it's the correct decision.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the most pressure you can put on AP as an affiliate is to "suspend" them pending the outcome and don't reintate them until you are satisfied that they are clean going forward.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SLACKER: u MUST get your "friend" to get in touch with us. We need more info about this...he may not have much, but what little you've told us is HUGE

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm on it.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 PM

user #363 is probably only one of many "test" accounts Absolute created upon the opening of their site......so the $800,000 figure is definitely low IMO, you think they'd only create one of these Superusers to view the whole site?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: the wedding pictures...

They will likely be coming down because the photographers are upset about the copyright issue. AP did not want them out there for obvious reasons, but they realized after a few minutes of them being linked on 2p2, enough people had downloaded copies of them and there was no point to removing them for that reason. So while they might be coming down at some point, it wasn't at the request of AP -- they know that cat is waaaaay out of the bag and that tons of people now have copies backed up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Props to all those who made copies yo
Old 10-22-2007, 08:29 PM

nice post teddy.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine related a story from the 2006 WSOP where another of his pals was playing a tourney with a UB guy. They got chatting and went on break to dinner together. UB guy asked to borrow the friend's laptop to check up on somebody in a UB tourney.

When the UB dude logged in to the site, all the hole cards were revealed while they watched. UB dude logged off after finding what he was looking for.

The friend didn't know who the UB guy was and didn't see him after he busted out later that evening.

I dismissed it as BS at the time until all of this came up. Couldn't see the rationale behind some random dude at the WSOP borrowing somebody's laptop and revealing that sort of of power to a relative stranger in that setting.

So.... pfffft. Now I don't know what to make of the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Follow this up, please. My own wildly speculative theory is that these accounts may have existed for some time, MAY have been used to "responsibly skim" money by some and Potripper was a wasted/drunk/high/egomaniac, and that's why he was so friggin obvious.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-We need a master list of all Absolute's customers' email addresses.

-We e-mail said customers links to all mainstream media articles on this scandal.

-Absolute is brought to their knees within 72 hours.

SOMNEBODY DO THE RIGHT THING AND LEAK THIS INFO.

[/ QUOTE ]

now that's what i call invasion of privacy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure if some responsible 2+2er had access to the list and were to let these innocent people know that the site they trust with their money and personal info has stolen hundreds of thousands of dollars from their customers, they might let the whole invasion of privacy thing slide.......... Just a wild guess.

As far as affailiate managers go: I think you have a RESPONSIBILITY to alert everyone about the situation. If they choose to play there after you've warned them, then, hey your hands are clean.
Closed Thread