Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Anyone interested in purchasing a rakeback site?

You didnt send me a pm...
Old 12-06-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because never recouperating the start up costs while maintaining a negative monthly cashflow looks pretty bad.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:51 PM

$3
Old 12-06-2006, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably because never recouperating the start up costs while maintaining a negative monthly cashflow looks pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you generally make comments that you have absolutely zero knowledge about?

The site has been profitable from day 1 as I was the one who designed and created it. It is impossible to have negative cash flows considering the monthly costs are:

1. Web Site Hosting - $9.95/ month
Old 12-06-2006, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you generally make comments that you have absolutely zero knowledge about?

The site has been profitable from day 1 as I was the one who designed and created it. It is impossible to have negative cash flows considering the monthly costs are:

1. Web Site Hosting - $9.95/ month

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, unless you have some massive advertising expenses (which the new owner could eliminate) there really is no negative cash flow. Although that does spark the question, if its not costing you that much....Why are you selling?

...and please dont use the excuse "It takes up too much time" we both know that the only major amount of time you invest is processing payments for a few days....answering emails and maintaining the site on a daily basis doesnt take that much time at all....

The total amount of REAL time invested would average to some (insane dollar-amount figure)/hour, when you factor in your ACTUAL hours.

Do you really have other projects that make more than this???

Or...is it that you feel the industry is going to take a huge downfall and that selling now is more cost-effective than putting in the EXTRA work and money to advertise and keep the site as profitable as it is now?

Another question....Have you already pitched the site to commerical buyers?(already established RB sites) or was their offer so low that you believed you could get some lone internet pipe-dreamer to cough up more for it?

Last question... If the poker sites knew that you were selling, would they be OK with tranfering ownership of their affiliate account to a new person? What prevents them from telling the new owner to go (censored) themselves when payday rolls around?

I know im coming off as a bit combative...I'm not trying to attack you or anything, but these are questions that some people wouldnt ask, especially some young poker player with no real buisness experience and money to burn.

Either way, Best of luck in your future projects..
Old 12-06-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response doesnt make sense....the guy asked why he didnt get the PM and others did....In your attempt to look cool and bash the OP, you forgot to put any logic behind your response... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2006, 12:29 AM

The reason I want to sell the site is because it was primarily generating income from sites which no longer either allow US players/rakeback.

The biggest $ generators I had from the site were in order:

1. Party Poker ( I was not providing rakeback, I was simply signing up players from links and the company was keeping all of the $ generated.)
2. Poker Room
3. Hollywood Poker
4. Full Tilt
5. Doyles Room

Now with many compaines shutting down rakeback or US play I need to basically start up an advestising program and invest man hours.

I am currently too busy to "start the site back up."

I would prefer to sell it to someone who wants a professional site and doesn't want to do all the initial start up and creation work which is a bitch.

I have no intention of selling the current players or the affiliate accounts. I will be keeping them and paying those players.

There is now a huge push amongst the other sites to now sign players up on sites which do allow rakeback.

1. Full Tilt
2. Ultimate Bet
3. Absolute
4. Prima

Basically what I am selling is just the site, the company name, and the quality search engine rankings.

Hope that clarifies things.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically what I am selling is just the site, the company name, and the quality search engine rankings.

[/ QUOTE ] Wont the page ranking dramitaclly drop as soon as the current players are gone?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 AM

No, that is just a small part of organic rankings.

1. unique key word rich content
2. other quality sites taht link to your site
3. the popularity of your site, visitors etc
Old 12-07-2006, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response doesnt make sense....the guy asked why he didnt get the PM and others did....In your attempt to look cool and bash the OP, you forgot to put any logic behind your response... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. Good posts by the way.
Closed Thread