Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 09:26 PM

Default Kahty Liebert angle me out of the main event....

Hi all,

I qualified on stars to play the main event. I started out on Day 1D. I'm posting this now because i'm relly pissed about the hand in witch I busted.

You can skip derectly the THE HAND to read about Kahty's angle.

MY MAIN EVENT:

After an early hit, I was down to 5.5k at the start of lvl3. I grinded it up to 9k during the next levels, up to the last break. 10min before last break, my table broke and I was sent next to the ESPN stage, with Kathy Liebert on my immediat left. I hit the blinds down to 7.7k and we go to break.

I decided I had to get some chip and my buddy PhilLeDIngue told me that, in the last level (He play Day1C) people did'nt want to take risk and were tired. So it was a goot spot to get chips.

I get A8s right of the bat and raise it. I take the pot. Next was QJs 3 hands later and I take the pot again. After that I got hit by the deck. AQs after a limper, QQ(I lost this one), QQ, AA, TT in the BB were I reraised a LP raiser.

So in 30 minutes I definetly build myself a "loose maniac internet kid" image and people are giving me aggraveting looks every time. Liebert turn to me and said -"Carreful kid, you are getting a little too cocky here." to witch I replied -"Hey! I'm just getting hands you know!"

THE HAND:

Blinds 200/400 ante 50
I have 12k, MP and BTN covers me, SB has 8K

MP raise to 1600, btn call, SB call.

I'm in the BB and look down at A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I came over the top all-in.

MP quickly folded, then BTN went into the tank for like 2 minutes. He then take is cards in is hand, and hold'em over the muck, and paused.

Then Kathy Liebert said:
-"He might be on a steal here..."

WOW, Can't you just shut up??? I was really pissed but I did'nt say anything at that point. I had reallised that the guy had a small PP and I did'nt want to induce a call by going after Kahty's comment.

The guy toke is card back in front of him, tought about it 30 more sec and finally said -"[censored] it I call"

he had 88. Plus SB overcalled with ATs. I miss, I'm out.

Seriously, had she just kept her comment to herself the BTN would have folded is 88 and I would have run it vs SB's ATs and won. She had no cards, was not involved in the hand in any way and she gave that guy a reason to call... She tought I was on a squeeze or something... Like I'm dumb enought to try one with the image I had...

Anyway, the look on her face when I turn my AKs face up was a small confort. She had totally missread me.

I know I'm only some dead money online qualifier to them pro. And you know, they are probably right. But I think I deserve the same respect as anybody in the Main event, and that the rules are for EVERYONE, internet kids and Pros alike. And talking during a hand in witch you are not involved is a cheap shot.

Thx for reading.

-Happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Kahty Liebert angle me out of the main event....

[ QUOTE ]
I think I deserve the same respect as anybody in the Main event, and that the rules are for EVERYONE, internet kids and Pros alike. And talking during a hand in witch you are not involved is a cheap shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow - I don't play much live and probably don't know a lot of etiquette that I should, but her comment seems way, way out of line. Can't believe a pro would say that but what do I know.....would expect this to happen a lot in the WSOP but more from amateur donks as opposed to experienced pros
Old 08-18-2006, 09:34 PM

Ive read so much about this stuff and it makes me scared to play live poker. I probably would have picked her up out of her chair and body slamed her, and then kicked her in the face Joe Pesci style.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:37 PM

i would have said [ensored]
Old 08-18-2006, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow - I don't play much live and probably don't know a lot of etiquette that I should, but her comment seems way, way out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2006, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So in 30 minutes I definetly build myself a "loose maniac internet kid" image

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your report, it looks like you had a lot of competition for this image at the table.

And yes, if this is how it went down, Liebert was definitely out of line.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to witch I replied

[/ QUOTE ]
If intentional, awesome.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to witch I replied

[/ QUOTE ]
If intentional, awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't your only grammar/spelling note was it? If so, you didn't read very well. I chalk it up to a Canada/angry post thing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2006, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to witch I replied

[/ QUOTE ]
If intentional, awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't your only grammar/spelling note was it? If so, you didn't read very well. I chalk it up to a Canada/angry post thing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I speek french, sorry for all the grammar errors.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:03 PM

She did something like this at WPT ____ where a 2+2 was at the FT. (ActionBob IIRC). I can't remember what she said, but it was bad, not this bad though. You should have called her a man.