Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 05:51 PM

Default 5/10: Two attempted screwplays

UTG is 22/18/6 after 183, and I guess I must've liked my implied odds preflop. Also, I probably expected BB to come along. And I thought I probably was starting with the best hand. Anyway, I'm not sure what I think of preflop. Maybe I should have 3-bet. Maybe I should have folded.

MP is 54/3/0.9 after 143 and has been running well, unlike the TAGs at the table.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks . . .

This was Villain's sixth hand at the table, and I didn't know much about him. During his first hand, he posted UTG (in the CO) 4-handed and peeled with J7o on Q65 HU versus the BB, who had raised preflop. (I know this because he made his backdoor straight and raised the river vs. his opponent's 63o, which had made two pair.)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks . . .

Well?

These are the only two hands I won last night, by the way (it felt like).
Old 07-02-2006, 05:57 PM

Default Re: 5/10: Two attempted screwplays

1 - i vowed to not do this again when these guys started checking behind aces. so i wouldnt do it even though i hardly ever expect to get called on the river. i just dont see him stabbing with a busted draw much at all. this used to be standard for me in this hand.

2 - i am definitely never doing it again in this hand.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:01 PM

Agree w/ Miles - I whiff too often when I'm "correct" so I don't do it anymore; although the 1st one looks a lot better.
Also, folding hand #1 PF sucks hard imo.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:23 PM

I think the screwplay is OK in hand one. I think it sucks in hand two. An ace bets well over half the time and will pay off a raise with your quads. Anything but an ace folds to your bet (and is more likely to bluff, but not much more likely). There is also a busted flush draw out there.

In hand two, an 8 pays you off but will not bet. A king would be the only hand that makes sense here, and it's really hard putting the opponent on a king here. I think you should bet and hope for the best.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:26 PM

Screwplay = turn, Sexy = river.

I think MP is too passive for the Hand 1 sexy to work. His stats indicate he's never going to value bet the hands you want him too.

I think it's just a bad spot in Hand 2.