Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Default ATo in SB vs. tag

Wynn 15/30

TAG in CO has not gotten out of line postflop, but I've seen her openlimp AKs UTG. she knows i am aggressive from playing with her an hour ago at the must-move.

loose player limps from MP, TAG raises in CO, I defend SB w/ ATo, tight BB defends, loose player calls.

A83 rainbow checked to CO, I c/r, everyone else folds, she calls.

I bet the turn and check/fold to any further betting.

standard?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: ATo in SB vs. tag

If you bet and get called on the turn, I wouldn't think you would want to check fold the river. Maybe check-call.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:02 PM

river is standard bet/ fold. And three bet PF.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river is standard bet/ fold. And three bet/ fold PF (Not sure if this is a 2/3 structure though, which makes a difference, but i still 3 b or f).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-17-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wynn 15/30

TAG in CO has not gotten out of line postflop, but I've seen her openlimp AKs UTG. she knows i am aggressive from playing with her an hour ago at the must-move.

loose player limps from MP, TAG raises in CO, I defend SB w/ ATo, tight BB defends, loose player calls.

A83 rainbow checked to CO, I c/r, everyone else folds, she calls.

I bet the turn and check/fold to any further betting.

standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

No your line is not standard. The standard line is to fold preflop even in a 2-3 structure and once you check/raise the flop the standard line would be to just bet/fold every street.

Now after saying all that, Check/folding the river could possibly be better than bet/folding, but check/folding the river after this action will always be considered a nonstandard line.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet and get called on the turn, I wouldn't think you would want to check fold the river. Maybe check-call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet/folding here will almost always be better than check/calling. Do you see why? We cant induce a bluff here cuz the villain cant have a bluffing hand. If the villain has a lesser hand than the heros it will always be made and is most likely an underpair to the board. Live tags arent dumb enough to bet QQ on the river unless theyre intoxicated or on supertilt.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:03 AM

I agree that this is not a good spot to just call w/ATo (if there ever is a good spot) need to fold or get the pot heads up. As played I bet the turn and check/fold the river.

Limping UTG with AKs isn't really an anomaly either, it plays pretty well in multiway pots and shorthanded pots. This is one of those acceptable "switch it up" plays in my book.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 AM

Preflop should be 3-bet, but calling is better than folding. It's not at all about getting it headsup, but more about getting more money in the pot with the best hand. Even nitty Vegas TAGs isolate bad limpers from the CO with all sorts of hands that are dominated by AT, and even better they like to either just call down or give up the pot on the flop.