Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: People Walk how they Drive.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a constant, infuriating problem in New York. I work in the financial district and have the shittiest, tourist-ridden walk in the morning. These stupid [censored] will stop, three wide, when there's room for four on the busiest sidewalk in Manhattan. Other people will walk right down the middle of the sidewalk, so nobody can get around them. I can't even express how infuriating walking in NYC can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you just have to drop your shoulder, especially if you're having a bad day at work. There're tons of these [censored] walking around where I work too (down the block from the Empire State building). If they're walking three wide, just walk right through the middle of their dumb asses. If they're stopped in the middle of the street looking up, just brusquely brush past them and throw an elbow in there. All this applies to the [censored] who try to push their way on the subway before you've gotten off as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that you just go around banging into people. And you don't end up hurting anyone.

I guess I wouldn't think that NYC was the worst place in the world if I were small enough to do that to get through the crowded mess.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a constant, infuriating problem in New York. I work in the financial district and have the shittiest, tourist-ridden walk in the morning. These stupid [censored] will stop, three wide, when there's room for four on the busiest sidewalk in Manhattan. Other people will walk right down the middle of the sidewalk, so nobody can get around them. I can't even express how infuriating walking in NYC can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you just have to drop your shoulder, especially if you're having a bad day at work. There're tons of these [censored] walking around where I work too (down the block from the Empire State building). If they're walking three wide, just walk right through the middle of their dumb asses. If they're stopped in the middle of the street looking up, just brusquely brush past them and throw an elbow in there. All this applies to the [censored] who try to push their way on the subway before you've gotten off as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that you just go around banging into people. And you don't end up hurting anyone.

I guess I wouldn't think that NYC was the worst place in the world if I were small enough to do that to get through the crowded mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I only actually drop the shoulder when it's someone who can take it (male), when it's a woman, I'll just not give, and make them get out of my way, or if they're standing in the middle of the street, I'll just walk right through the pack musing to whoever I happen to be walking with how much I hate retards who block the walkway.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a reason the escalator is wide enough for two across and it's certainly not so you have a chat while you ride up. Step to the right and let me get past, and if you have a huge thing of luggage, put it in front of you, not by your side. Some people thinking when they choose the escalator, they are choosing not to walk. I applaud them and envy their laid back outlook on life, but I'm [censored] tired and I got places to be, so I'm gonna combine my efforts with those of the escalator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have come to sort of tolerate these people. I have my 0.4 seconds of outrage then I just stand there and wait for the escalator to get to the top. Fine.

The much, much more irritating thing that I still have NO tolerance for is the person who gets off the escalator and STOPs and stands about 8 inches in front of the escalator looking around deciding where to go. THE ESCALATOR DOES NOT HAVE SENSORS THAT WILL SEE YOU HAVE STOPPED AND PAUSE THE ELEVATOR IT CONTINUES TO MOVE PEOPLE TO THE TOP PEOPLE WHO NOW HAVE TO SHOVE YOU OUT OF THE WAY SO THEY CAN GET PAST AND THEY CAN'T HELP IT SO STOP GIVING US ALL DIRTY LOOKS YOU'RE THE [censored] IDIOT THAT CREATED THIS PROBLEM JUST HURRY THE [censored] UP AND GET THE [censored] OUT OF THE WAY AND YES YOU ARE UGLY THERE I SAID IT YOU'D BETTER HOPE WE NEVER MEET IN A DARK ALLEY.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:36 PM

This isn't true IMO. Maybe there is some correlation and it's true for old people but you have to consider people who are fat and lazy. Putting your foot on the gas pedal doesn't take extra effort so they are just as likely to drive fast than others and walk slower.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who block escalators should be stabbed on sight, no exceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Add the people that block moving walkways.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:53 PM

I hate slow walkers and slow drivers.
This may change when I turn 80, 60 years from now, but even then I will likely still hate slow walkers and slow drivers.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:04 PM

This is specifically true in a grocery store with carts. Actually if people drove like they pushed carts in stores, we'd all be dead now.

I think basically (and this is not a new observation obv) that it's a function of people's level of attention to the world around them in competition with their own self interest.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's a reason the escalator is wide enough for two across and it's certainly not so you have a chat while you ride up. Step to the right and let me get past, and if you have a huge thing of luggage, put it in front of you, not by your side. Some people thinking when they choose the escalator, they are choosing not to walk. I applaud them and envy their laid back outlook on life, but I'm [censored] tired and I got places to be, so I'm gonna combine my efforts with those of the escalator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have come to sort of tolerate these people. I have my 0.4 seconds of outrage then I just stand there and wait for the escalator to get to the top. Fine.

The much, much more irritating thing that I still have NO tolerance for is the person who gets off the escalator and STOPs and stands about 8 inches in front of the escalator looking around deciding where to go. THE ESCALATOR DOES NOT HAVE SENSORS THAT WILL SEE YOU HAVE STOPPED AND PAUSE THE ELEVATOR IT CONTINUES TO MOVE PEOPLE TO THE TOP PEOPLE WHO NOW HAVE TO SHOVE YOU OUT OF THE WAY SO THEY CAN GET PAST AND THEY CAN'T HELP IT SO STOP GIVING US ALL DIRTY LOOKS YOU'RE THE [censored] IDIOT THAT CREATED THIS PROBLEM JUST HURRY THE [censored] UP AND GET THE [censored] OUT OF THE WAY AND YES YOU ARE UGLY THERE I SAID IT YOU'D BETTER HOPE WE NEVER MEET IN A DARK ALLEY.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm convinced it's attention-wh*ring, just like people who wait till it's their turn at the poker table to start telling a story, and stop their play so you're all held hostage.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't true IMO. Maybe there is some correlation and it's true for old people but you have to consider people who are fat and lazy. Putting your foot on the gas pedal doesn't take extra effort so they are just as likely to drive fast than others and walk slower.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think the idea is that these people are just as oblivious to their surroundings with a complete lack of courtesy when driving as they are when walking.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:19 PM

Shopping carts is another good one where people screw up. Why park your cart in the friggin' middle!!!

Also, there are often end displays that are wider than the aisle, or displays set up right inside an aisle toward the end. If you're going to park your shopping cart and start walking around, don't park it at the narrowest part of 50-foot aisle!

Also, if you leave a can of food in the wrong place, who cares. But if you decide not to buy your raw meat or milk or frozen pizza, don't leave it to leak blood, breed germs, go sour, or start defrosting at any old random spot in the store. Put your grossables away or give them to the cashier!