Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
To all the UF fanboys,

What has UF done lately to be so certain that UF>UGA? Has UGA not looked impressive lately to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

UF just strikes me as relatively unstoppable as healthy as they are right now and how they're playing. Shrug.

I wouldn't mind seeing Georgia in the title game. I think it would help get a playoff and I think they would absolutely crush tOSU. Success.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Question: If Va. Tech had lost by 40 to a mediocre team like Florida State instead of a Top 5 team like LSU, would people be more likely to consider them for the MNC?

[/ QUOTE ]

The other important part of the "Va Tech lost by 40 argument" is that if Va Tech got sent to the national title game, they would be leapfrogging the team they lost by 40 to and has a similar resume. So had Va Tech lost to a mediocre team by 40, it would almost be better for them. The h2h matchup with LSU should make it pretty clear to voters which team is better. I realize they got it wrong last week and the current rankings reflect that. But now they get a second chance.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been an awesome regular season that will be followed by the crappiest bowl season ever. Basically everybody sucks this year. I think Hawaii should play just because they're the only undefeated team left. They beat everybody that lined up against them-- what more can you ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

yesyesyes

HAWAII v KU.
BCS implode.
???
8 team Playoff
Old 12-02-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously. You can't be the best team in college football if you lost by almost six touchdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since the team in question who administered the beatodwn is also among the best in college football and would get left out if VaTech got sent.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all the UF fanboys,

What has UF done lately to be so certain that UF>UGA? Has UGA not looked impressive lately to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

UF just strikes me as relatively unstoppable as healthy as they are right now and how they're playing. Shrug.

I wouldn't mind seeing Georgia in the title game. I think it would help get a playoff and I think they would absolutely crush tOSU. Success.

[/ QUOTE ]

FAir enough, I wasnt calling you out either. You take UF I take UGA, its all good.

I know you didnt say this, but I dont see how any logical human being could have UGA below UF in the polls though.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To all the UF fanboys,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Tebow be 100% for the bowl game?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?
Old 12-02-2007, 12:30 AM

I wouldn't ever say that UF should be above UGA in the polls the way it panned out. Obviously though, I think that UF is the better team right now in terms of how they're playing. I'm pretty sure that UF could win a national championship against anyone the way they're playing right now. As it is, they're starting to be lined up for a bowl game with Wisconsin or something.

Bleh.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah...I'm just going to throw out a vote for a USC/LSU National Championship. Ohio State hasn't done [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I could tolerate this.

USC plays in a better conference than OSU, they lost two games by a combined 11 points this year (one on the road against Oregon) and beat Arizona State by 20 in Tempe. USC deserves the title game much more than Ohio State, and I don't think its all that close.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a ridiculously oversimplistic view of strength of schedule, accomplishment, and team strength? How about that OSU crushed most teams all year, while Hawaii had a very hard time with many very weak teams? And that OSU played a much harder (though overall still weak) schedule?