Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 10:55 PM

Default 10/20 Party Big Pot - 6 Outs, But None Clean

I was sitting in a room with a bunch of guys and we were collectively playing/watching a hand on a projector when we got in an argument over the hand below.

Sadly, I dont know the specifics and for the life of me I can't find the hand. But, it shouldn't matter much for the general point.

We had 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I think it was 5 players to see the flop in a raised pot.

The flop comes 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

There was a bet and some calls before us and we could expect something like 14-16 to 1 with little fear of a raise behind us.

We have 6 outs but they all suck. If we hit a 2 then someone with a 3 has a straight. If we hit a 3 then someone with an 7 has a straight. So, all our outs are weak (although if we hit a 2 and someone does have a 3 we have redraw to a fullhouse). It is a raised pot thus making a 3 or 7 out their less likely, but the table was full of crappy players so that doesnt mean much.

I thought it was an instanta call given the big odds. Everyone else thought it was an instanta fold. Who was right?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Party Big Pot - 6 Outs, But None Clean

I'm more likely to insta fold given the fact that even if catching a 3 does give you the best hand (which is possible) there is another card to come and with 5 people in the pot there is some redraw potential there, if you'r not already drawing dead. Huge odds are nice here but with this many people to the flop I'd proabbly just get away from the hand.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:24 AM

I fold. You could be drawing virtually dead already.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:48 AM

I think HU I'd go for a c/r (what's our position?) but 5-handed someone else can take this. I'm not squabbling with these poor outs.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:27 PM

This is a fold for me. If you catch your 2 you probably won't get any action for your implied odds unless you're beat. If you catch your 3 you could lose to a better straight.