Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the most hated mod?
NT! 19 12.42%
iron81 3 1.96%
Dynasty 22 14.38%
diebitter 20 13.07%
Dids 44 28.76%
daryn 8 5.23%
[censored] 25 16.34%
Other/ write-in 12 7.84%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Line cutting scenario (long + polls + MSPaint)

[ QUOTE ]
After I was in front of him, I heard him mutter something to the woman like "Wow, can't believe that guy was such a jerk about that." and she agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the nerve of some people. That's pretty ridiculous right there.

Duke,

Awesome, this is how these things should be taken care of. In this situation if someone is actually pressed for time and asks everyone if they can cut I'm fine with it, but just doing it is bs.

nice play duke, i always want to pull stuff like this off but never do. i wouldn't really say i'm a pussy because i would throw down if necessary, it's just that i am really a pacifist and try to always be nice in real life.

to remove confusion, i would say something, but i meant that i wouldn't say something as cool as duke said.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:54 PM

Duke, very well done imo.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:55 PM

LFS,

Honestly, he got me off guard w/ his quick comebacks:

"Oh, uh yeah, whatev, sorry" <expected>
"OK, let it go, man" <expected>
"The line actually should have gone in this direction rather than snaked around" <HUH, WTF? UM, OK WTF IS YOUR POINT?>
"Look, I'll solve your problem, get in front of me" <UH, HMMM, OK I WILL LET OTHERS DEAL WITH IT NOW>

I was really surprised the guy didn't yield after I told him multiple times to go to the end of the line. Most people get embarrassed and just cave after the second time you say something.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Duke, very well done imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is pretty well done, and I give Duke respect for the whole act of responding in that fashion, but the specific "hold on, the dog's barking" line is kind of ridiculous in a funny way. Are you from a sitcom?

I say something 100% of the time. I basically decide whether I can take the guy or not when deciding how much to push it. Even if it's like 70% he'll kick my ass, I don't care because I lose it. I generally want to smash people's faces in on stuff like this, so if "You're kidding me, right? We are all waiting here and the end of the line is that way." gets a smartass response, I usually escalate it pretty quick.

So my demise will probably be getting shanked by the guy behind me when a new cashier opens and says "next in line please" and he darts.

I am not saying this to be badass. I'm avg or so in that department. It's just some young suit believing his time is more valuable than mine (others) pretty much makes me batshit loco. Regardless, it needs to be loud and embarrassing for anyone who does that [censored]. Maybe make up a Ballad of the Linebreaker song and sing it...mentioning the bluetooth of course.

Recently at Costco a middle-aged woman approached me as I reached the register after waiting in a long-ass line. She had one item and asked to go ahead of me (the line behind me was still long as [censored]). I was like "It's not up to me to make the decision for everybody in this line. You get permission from every single person in line behind me and I'll let you go ahead of me. I can't make decisions for everyone else." She said "You can make decisions for yourself, though, can't you?" I said "Ma'am, I'm not going to argue with you, you should really just move along now." She called me an [censored], and it made my day.

El D,
I wouldn't say something cause I'm a pussy, but once you say something, you have to follow up and you can't just step in front of him. That makes no sense and it could end up making you look bad.

TiK,
I really have no problem with someone joining up with a friend in a line unless it's a really slow moving line. It's really awkward to stand in line a few spaces back from someone you know and be out of talking range but clearly visible.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:02 PM

All,

What makes Duke's story more awesome is the fact that he is like 8 feet tall and huge.