Default Re: assani

Petition to change BBV4L's name to "Over 1 Billion Served"
Old 10-29-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
petition to change the name of oot to

PERSONAL PLAYGROUND FOR OOT MODS TO MAKE POSTERS POST THE WAY THEY LIKE THEM TO

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice suggestion. Can I post this as a pole in ATF please?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THIS IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL PLAYGROUND FOR YOU TO MAKE POSTERS POST THE WAY YOU LIKE THEM TO

[/ QUOTE ]

nation,

ummmmm... you've been to oot, right? how can you possibly argue that that isn't the case?

[/ QUOTE ]

oh that's certainly the case, but that's pretty much why OOT sucks right now.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:16 PM

Meh. I was posting yesterday in the NFL thread in the Sports forum and was annoyed along with some of the others at Assani's countdown thing. That thread is about camaraderie and fellowship and just having a good time while watching the games together and he was, I don't want to say ruining it because I don't think it was THAT bad, but he was like an irritating little mosquito.

He had been asked a few times what was up with it and just ignored it and kept doing it. It's not a big thing, but I can see how it can be interpreted as a troll. Part of the makeup of a troll is look-at-me look-at-me.

I don't think I agree with the demodding either. Is it a black and white out of forum ban because of AF's OOT post(s)? Maybe cut Yeti some slack and chalk it up to mistakes happen?
Old 10-29-2007, 04:27 PM

the out of forum ban is really bad and breaks one of the only two rules we have in place.

however, i have a far bigger problem with banning a user just because he has a sig with some numbers in it, and some posters get their panties in a bunch when he ignores their requests to explain it.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So you're basically going to ignore my question where I ask for you to provide some sort of example of him trolling in OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'll not ignore your question. unlike assani who will ignore questions about the countdown, which is basically a sophisticated troll as it effectively derails threads, but anyone who can read would have known i said this above.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:33 PM

hahahaha you are hilarious daryn. ignoring questions now = being a sophisticated troll and deserves punishment because some people are ADD and forget all about the thread and only think about assani. so funny man, i thought you were being serious for a second there!
Old 10-29-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. I was posting yesterday in the NFL thread in the Sports forum and was annoyed along with some of the others at Assani's countdown thing. That thread is about camaraderie and fellowship and just having a good time while watching the games together and he was, I don't want to say ruining it because I don't think it was THAT bad, but he was like an irritating little mosquito.

He had been asked a few times what was up with it and just ignored it and kept doing it. It's not a big thing, but I can see how it can be interpreted as a troll. Part of the makeup of a troll is look-at-me look-at-me.

I don't think I agree with the demodding either. Is it a black and white out of forum ban because of AF's OOT post(s)? Maybe cut Yeti some slack and chalk it up to mistakes happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course it's a troll, i don't see how it's debatable really.

nos1nos2 registers an account and posts an obvious fictional and controversial situation and asks for advice on it, that's a troll right? assani posts this countdown in every post and ignores all questions about it. IT IS A TROLL. if he would just say "yeah i'm counting down the days until i lose my virginity" then it's fine, but to ignore all questioning is a passive attempt at trolling and turning any discussion into a discussion about him. that's not welcome in OOT, sorry, and like i said if anyone disagrees feel free to demod me.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:11 PM

I think demodding Yeti is also a bit of an overreaction. While I disagreed with Yeti's ban (as stated in my first response in this thread), a) it was only for 3 hours; and b) it was suggested by Dynasty.

Seems like Ryan should just tell Yeti: "Hey bud, stop banning out of forums, reinstate Assani, and if it happens again you'll get demodded."