Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:36 PM

Default A-K on the bubble vs. bigstack

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB (t930)
Hero (t3230)
UTG (t2805)
Button (t6535)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t6535</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t3030 (All-In).

Flop: (t9865) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t9865) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t9865) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t6560

Villain has been raising a lot since he became bigstack,but this was the first time i actually saw him pushin.i haven't been playing a lot of sng's lately,but i'm pretty confident that this is a fold,given the stack size of the sb and my own pretty healthy stack.agree?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: A-K on the bubble vs. bigstack

Yeah you gotta let this go because of how short SB is.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 PM

ok thx^^.i wasn't paying much attention and actually watched some tv since it was only a 6.50$ sng,and i just saw him pushing and did not think about it for one second.afterwards i realised how dumb that call was and just wanted someone to tell me that it was dumb [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 01:03 PM

Ok, you got it... you're an idiot.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:40 PM

I made a call like this once and got berated by a regular (hobiejuan1 on FTP). After that I always make this fold. Even if you're a 3-1 fav, it's not worth it. Losing is [censored] when there is a 4.5BB shorty.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:26 PM

If you run this through ICM with, say, a 25% range for the villian, what do you get as a profitable calling range? I get the SB is hoping someone dies off, but I'm suprised this would be a bad call.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you run this through ICM with, say, a 25% range for the villian, what do you get as a profitable calling range? I get the SB is hoping someone dies off, but I'm suprised this would be a bad call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling with AKo here is -3.4%. ICM suggests KK+ to call here but I'm not folding QQ in game and prolly calling JJ too even though I know its bad.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling with AKo here is -3.4%. ICM suggests KK+ to call here but I'm not folding QQ in game and prolly calling JJ too even though I know its bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I was going to run this when I got home, but damn! Continues to show me what suprises lurk in the world of ICM...which I suppose is good in that it helps point out where I'm leaking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]