Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 12:09 PM

Default AQs defends SB, BB joins with a cap

Was I spewing here? Honestly said I didn't have much of a plan in the heat of the action and two other tables open...

Vilain is 25/12.5/1.1 over ~33 hands, at the time of playing his att. to steal blinds was something like 33% I think. Not many hands so these reads are probably not very reliable.

BB is 31/4.3/1.54 over 40 hands.

Titan Limit Hold'em, $0.50/$1.00 (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls,
AQs is very strong against a possible steal, so 3-bet of course. BB worries me with his cap though.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( 12SB, 3 players )
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls,

I checked to see what happens, BB c-bets, Villain raises and now what... didn't think much and clicked the raise button, because I wanted to knock BB out. I immediately regretted it, because only KK and QQ would fold and all the better hands would call/raise (JJ, AA, AK).
Villain didn't fear BB's preflop cap so I figured out he holds at least an ace. In this case AK becomes much less likely, but it's still something like 50:50. Out of JJ+ and AK range 8 combos beat me and I beat 7 of them.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 10.5BB )
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>...

Anyway BB folded but then Villain capped the flop. On the turn the pot was very big but do I beat anything at all? Am I good ~14% of the time (risking 2 bets to win ~14).

------

I think the flop was terrible. What would be the best plan there? Donk? Cold-call BB's raise? Fold to that raise? Villain's aggression factor is low but that takes some time to converge. If my read was more reliable, I would probably fold to his raise (a passive villain raising a PF capper almost surely beats TP2K).
Old 09-15-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: AQs defends SB, BB joins with a cap

You are probably beat, but you have no reads. Repeat, no reads, so call down unless you improve. The stat reads you have don't help you with that few hands.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:26 PM

Definitely a tough decision on the flop. I think 3betting is by far the worst option, because you're never pushing BB off of a hand like AK, and a 3bet will only let him off cheaply with KK or QQ leaving you HU vs someone whose done nothing but show aggression.

I think the play is to fold on the flop when its two bets back to you....But now that the pots nice and bloated, I'm just gonna try and showdown as cheaply as possible
Old 09-15-2007, 12:29 PM

I think u are correct the 3-bet doesn't achieve much for us. Just call flop and see what happens.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just call flop and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]