Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 AM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, Oliver Wendell Holmes. Do you recommend they return the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the size of the settlement Absolute is sending them.

For $500 -- the settlement amount for those whose private information was published as part of "the spreadsheet", I believe -- I might reject it and see what develops.

Anything much more than that amount and I imagine accepting the settlement is probably the prudent play, assuming it covers the full amount of the loss.

Ideally though, the aggrieved poker players would form a class and apply legal pressure on any legally accessible entities or affiliates of Absolute; seeking both compensatory and punitive damages

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 01:49 AM

You lawyers... Yeesh.

I wonder where this comes from???

[ QUOTE ]
To gauge the effectiveness of our web site we may collect some non-identifiable generic information about our visitors. Our web servers may automatically recognize a visitor, Internet service provider, the IP address, the domain name, the type of browser, and the operating system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who shares what with whom and if they do... Why?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem, if you have any favored charities, let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two Australian ones:

Care Australia - overseas humanitarian assistance

Australian Wildlife Conservancy - protecting the Australian environment

For a US charity, I quite like Childrens Inc - If they're good enough for BarryG, they're more than good enough for me.

Thanks in advance to anyone contributing. It's a reminder of how awesome BBV is.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nat and Ad -

Donated to Doctors w/o Borders and AAH as a favor. I find it ironic that this situation leads to the first time I've donated money to charity (I've been broke far longer than I've had money).

Thanks all again

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks ike.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And now you know the reason for releasing the Seif transcript.

It is prima facie "proof" that Absolute cannot offer settlements to any harmed party beyond what is retrievable in the 30 gig database of hand histories.

It is a slick way of containing their potential damages beyond what may have transpired over the past two months or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, it might help if it were admissible evidence of anything to begin with.

In case you slept through evidence class in law school, under the Federal Rules of Evidence "Hearsay" is a statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing, offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted.

A random IM conversation like this between interested parties doesn't exactly fall under any exception to the rule. How is it even possibly admissible by Seif or Absolute as evidence that what they are saying is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not claiming it is admissible evidence.

I am speculating on Absolute's decision making process in regards to the purpose of the transcript.

Who "leaked" it?

For what purpose?

To whom, and why?

And why did the recipient of the leaked transcript decide to publish it, while presumably withholding further information pertaining to the Seif issue and the Absolute issue on the whole?

There are fortunes at stake here - nothing happens by accident. As evidenced by Absolute's evolving position in regards to the cheating, everything is being carefully measured and managed.

The Seif issue is an important one, not to determine whether he cheated or not, but rather it has become the flash point for determining the lifespan of Absolute's hand histories and therefore the ability to determine the presence of cheating beyond the 30 gig "window".

Absolute has unofficially claimed that only 30 gigs, or about two months, of hand histories are retained at any given time.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:57 AM

I hardly "leaked" the transcript. I actually sat on it for a few days. I got this email from Mark today right before I put up that post with the transcript.

-----

Nat,

In light of the continued furor over my "refusal" to release HHs for the session at issue, I would have thought you would have posted something regarding the information and conversation which I sent you a copy of. Is there a reason for not doing so? Just curious since I gave you carte blanche to publish whatever you wish regarding including my entire conversation with Korea.

I am now trying to locate the hard drive (it has since been replaced) for the laptop I most likely used during that session to try to get the HHs of off that. Unfortunately, I do not have ample time to merely work on satiating the seeming insatiable demands of forum posters. Notwithstanding, I will make every effort to locate the hard drive and take it somewhere to have the data retrieved from it. I really wish in the meanwhile you could update those nice forum folks.

m
Old 10-26-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two Australian ones:

Care Australia - overseas humanitarian assistance

Australian Wildlife Conservancy - protecting the Australian environment

For a US charity, I quite like Childrens Inc - If they're good enough for BarryG, they're more than good enough for me.

Thanks in advance to anyone contributing. It's a reminder of how awesome BBV is.

[/ QUOTE ]
done, gnite, and ty.

don't argue with the "lawyers" too much lol
Old 10-26-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hardly "leaked" the transcript. I actually sat on it for a few days. I got this email from Mark today right before I put up that post with the transcript.

-----

Nat,

In light of the continued furor over my "refusal" to release HHs for the session at issue, I would have thought you would have posted something regarding the information and conversation which I sent you a copy of. Is there a reason for not doing so? Just curious since I gave you carte blanche to publish whatever you wish regarding including my entire conversation with Korea.

I am now trying to locate the hard drive (it has since been replaced) for the laptop I most likely used during that session to try to get the HHs of off that. Unfortunately, I do not have ample time to merely work on satiating the seeming insatiable demands of forum posters. Notwithstanding, I will make every effort to locate the hard drive and take it somewhere to have the data retrieved from it. I really wish in the meanwhile you could update those nice forum folks.

m

[/ QUOTE ]

Seif is coming off better and better as this progresses imo

[ QUOTE ]

-----

Nat,

m

[/ QUOTE ]

Seif's sig tilts me.

Gary The Greatest Of All Time

[ QUOTE ]
You lawyers... Yeesh.

I wonder where this comes from???

[ QUOTE ]
To gauge the effectiveness of our web site we may collect some non-identifiable generic information about our visitors. Our web servers may automatically recognize a visitor, Internet service provider, the IP address, the domain name, the type of browser, and the operating system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who shares what with whom and if they do... Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the standard, boilerplate disclosure for operating a website.

I am under the impression that ALL servers DO recognize visitors, Internet service providers, IP addresses, domain names, type of browsers, and operating systems automatically.

Whether the information is logged rests at the discretion of the website operator.