Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 12:02 PM

Default Partypoker Check Intercepted and Cashed...What now?

Ok, I cashed out of party poker on 10/14, by paper check. Waited a long time, never got it. I figured they were swamped with US cash outs, so I gave them a lot of time. Finally I emailed them inquiring about the check. They responded saying that the check was cashed a week ago. I demanded a copy of said check because I never received it. 1 month later they finally send me the copy of the check. It was cashed at a U.S. bank in Cincinnati, I live in Medina and don't have a US account. Someone clearly forged my signature on the check. What do I do now?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Partypoker Check Intercepted and Cashed...What now?

That's a horrible story. Honestly, I don't think there is anything you can do. Wait for a legal expert to give his two cents.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:13 PM

So who had access to your mailbox and took a trip across the State to Cincy during that timeframe?
Old 02-10-2007, 12:13 PM

Start by calling that bank. You cant just cash a check at a bank unless youre either at the bank that issued the check or you have an account at that bank.

The thief probably has an account at the bank and the money may still be recoverable from their account if you act soon enough.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:23 PM

I'm confused. Why would a bank cash a check even though the signature is forged? Unless the thief somehow had your drivers license, I don't understand. The check was in your name right? This doesn't sound right.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:50 PM

Consider contacting that bank, their local police, the post office(as it is a mail crime) or the FBI. one of the above might be able to track them down. Also, the bak may be liable to refund that money if they mistakenly gave it to the wrong person.

How much money are we talking about? Any large or reasonable amount is certainly worth the effort. If it's a small amount then it may not be.

good luck. let us know if you ever make any progrss on this.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:50 PM

Ok, so your original post really left me confused. I searched your post history and found this...

"Party Poker sucks. I cashed out for ~400$ on black Friday November 14th by paper check. It is now February 8, and I still haven't gotten it. First they said it was lost,then they accused me of cashing the check. Now been waiting 3 weeks for the copy of the check showing that it was cashed.FU party"

So which story are you going with? The check you cashed out on Nov. 14th and complained numerous times about? OR, the check you cashed out on October 14th and finally sent one email about. Something tells me you work for a gambling site not called PartyPoker.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Easy dude, I'm sure he just screwed up thinking it was 11/14 and not 10/14 because he does say he did it on black friday which was indeed around 10/14. It is not like his story is totally contradictory.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something tells me you work for a gambling site not called PartyPoker.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 02-10-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy dude, I'm sure he just screwed up thinking it was 11/14 and not 10/14 because he does say he did it on black friday which was indeed around 10/14. It is not like his story is totally contradictory.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's completely contradicting. Look at how he talked about the complaints in each story. In this story he said he finally sent one email after waiting so long. In the other story he sent numerous complaints and was given numerous excuses. The dates I could forgive, but the other stuff just ices the cake.