Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 05:32 PM

Default Re: 2006 NFL Draft

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not condoning Namath's enshrinement, but I think a lot of the Hall voters at the time (over)compensated for the overall importance of that one game when choosing him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, of course Super Bowl III is the primary reason he's in the HoF. And like you say, that was arguably the most important game in NFL history.

I just don't think one game should be enough to get you into the Hall. Maybe some do.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
13.BAL-Michael Huff, DB, Texas-Still not sure if Huff will be a NFL safety or corner. Baltimore needs help at both and Huff is the highest rated DB in the draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

rolle, mcalister, reed?? I agree they could use strong safety and secondary depth. they need a 3rd cb/nickel back but this is a bit early for Bing and they can pick up a decent nickle guy in the 2-4 rounds. no sense picking huff when he won't start and this team had far more larger holes, but Ozzie is big on drafting the best available player so we will see.

Ravens need for a DE and O-line help- I'd be shocked if the passed on both Hali and Justice, if available, but they also really like Marcus McNeil and need right side help (unless pashos/terry show a lot more)
Old 02-01-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'95 [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Young "only" had 293 yards rushing that season (7 rushing TD's). If I knew VY was going to be as good as SY, then I would be quite happy. However, I think SY was always a pass 1st, run 2nd type of QB. In comparing VY to Vick, I think of them as run 1st, pass 2nd QB's. Generally, I don't think the run 1st, pass 2nd type QB can be successful in the NFL.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:01 PM

I think there's a big misconception on Vince Young. I think he can be a throw 1st QB, he looks to throw a lot more than Vick does/did. I also think Young is more accurate and reads the defense better than Vick. Vick has the stronger arm and is obviously the better runner. The problem I see with Young is he has a funky arm motion, while he be able to get by with that? I also think Young compares better to Duante Culpepper than Michael Vick.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:22 PM

Daunte was a much better passer coming out of college..plus he threw a great deepball.

Young should be good but he's a project..needs at least 2 to 4 years before he's solid.

Both Leinert and Cutler are more likely to be effective solid NFL QB's in 1 to 2 years
Old 02-03-2006, 10:47 AM

You ought of your dang mind. Vince Young is the greatest talent in the NFL Draft. What do you know?

Are you a general manager for the Titans?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You ought of your dang mind. Vince Young is the greatest talent in the NFL Draft. What do you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince Young isn't even the best QB in the draft.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow, you just arn't good at making your point.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
13.BAL-Michael Huff, DB, Texas-Still not sure if Huff will be a NFL safety or corner. Baltimore needs help at both and Huff is the highest rated DB in the draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

rolle, mcalister, reed?? I agree they could use strong safety and secondary depth. they need a 3rd cb/nickel back but this is a bit early for Bing and they can pick up a decent nickle guy in the 2-4 rounds. no sense picking huff when he won't start and this team had far more larger holes, but Ozzie is big on drafting the best available player so we will see.

Ravens need for a DE and O-line help- I'd be shocked if the passed on both Hali and Justice, if available, but they also really like Marcus McNeil and need right side help (unless pashos/terry show a lot more)

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this:

"There have been some quiet rumblings that Baltimore could be willing to trade one or both of defensive stars Ray Lewis and Chris McAlister as part of major overhaul of the Ravens’ roster. "

Lewis, I think, wanted a new contract with a $50M signing bonus. Something like this. McAllister prob has a ton more value on the open market.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's never to early to start draft talk, one of my favorite events of the year. This draft seems to be one of the deeper classes in recent memory. What would you like your team to do in this draft?

After watching this weekend's Senior Bowl and practice I've put together my first Mock Draft of the year with comments.

1.HOU-Reggie Bush, RB, USC
2.NO-Matt Leinart, QB, USC-
3.TEN-Vince Young, QB, Texas-
4.NYJ-Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt-
5.GB-Mario Williams, DE, NC State-
6.SF-D’Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
7.OAK-AJ Hawk, LB, Ohio State-
8.BUF-Haloti Nagata, DT, Oregon-
9.DET-Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
10.ARZ-Lendale White, RB, USC-