Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 09:12 PM

Default My letter to party after admitting there was a problem today

So they admit there was a problem but since I was able to reconnect no refunds
.................................................. ........
You guys are unbeleivable I told you like three times already I have no way of getting the tournament ID#'s for the 8 I played today due to disappearing buttons, disconnections, not being able to click I am back button etc. I have a cable modem and just because I could get back to a speed tournament what [censored] good is it if I missed over half of it. I create over $3000 a month for you guys and have been a customer for some time. Yet I do not see any credit for a measly $264 for today minus the $60 I somehow won or a measly $204. Are you serious? You really want to lose a customer because you had problems today and don't want to refund me for 8 tournaments? This month alone I played over 600 tournaments and you don't want to refund for 8. Well that is a horrible and terrible way to run a buisness and I guess I'll have to take my action to Poker Stars. LIKE I SAID I CAN NOT GET THE TOURNAMENT ID's because your site was having disconnections and not just with me with a lot of players I am aware of. You even emailed me telling me there were problems yet I see no credit. What good is a tournament if you miss over half of it or 3/4 and when you do get back on the buttons disappear. This is a joke!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:18 PM

Default Re: My letter to party after admitting there was a problem today

[ QUOTE ]
So they admit there was a problem but since I was able to reconnect no refunds
.................................................. ........
You guys are unbeleivable I told you like three times already I have no way of getting the tournament ID#'s for the 8 I played today due to disappearing buttons, disconnections, not being able to click I am back button etc. I have a cable modem and just because I could get back to a speed tournament what [censored] good is it if I missed over half of it. I create over $3000 a month for you guys and have been a customer for some time. Yet I do not see any credit for a measly $264 for today minus the $60 I somehow won or a measly $204. Are you serious? You really want to lose a customer because you had problems today and don't want to refund me for 8 tournaments? This month alone I played over 600 tournaments and you don't want to refund for 8. Well that is a horrible and terrible way to run a buisness and I guess I'll have to take my action to Poker Stars. LIKE I SAID I CAN NOT GET THE TOURNAMENT ID's because your site was having disconnections and not just with me with a lot of players I am aware of. You even emailed me telling me there were problems yet I see no credit. What good is a tournament if you miss over half of it or 3/4 and when you do get back on the buttons disappear. This is a joke!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Happened to me today too. I refuse to play there until it's resolved.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:19 PM

I would like nothing better than for there to be a mass exodus from Party.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was rooting for this too, until all the bs ppl had been talking about happened to me. Depositing for some *'s donkaments Mr. Jones.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:50 PM

ok first, I have had this problem 2 times in my life and both times i got my money back. Second you have some GREAT points in your letter but they are ruined becuase of swearing and the angred tone. My advice is that both as a decent person and becuase people respond much better to a respectful person, is to not send that letter. Make a nice one that states if your needs are not meet you will change sites. the old saying you get more bees with honey then vinger. "holla" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2006, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok first, I have had this problem 2 times in my life and both times i got my money back. Second you have some GREAT points in your letter but they are ruined becuase of swearing and the angred tone. My advice is that both as a decent person and becuase people respond much better to a respectful person, is to not send that letter. Make a nice one that states if your needs are not meet you will change sites. the old saying you get more bees with honey then vinger. "holla" [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Very good to hear, I wrote them an email in a respectful and intelligent tone, however I did make it clear I would not be contributing to their rake until this issue is handled.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:03 PM

If all of you start playing on PokerStars stay the hell out of the $16s [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah that's crap - good luck getting it resolved.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:54 PM

I got disconnected from one $55 today. I got I $100 bonus as a result of this email:

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

Today I was four tabling your $55 speed sit n go’s when I was disconnected on one(1) of the four tables. I was not able to re-establish a connection from Lvl 1 until the blinds had hit lvl 4 and I was crippled. I expect to be given my buy-in back for this disconnection.

I know PartyPoker’s typical response is that the problem is on my end and
I will not be reimbursed because the SNG finished as usual. But, I only
use one internet connection, whereas you have more than one server. So, for me to lose 1 of four tables demonstrates a problem on your end and not mine (this point can not be argued against). I will not be playing any more on your site until this issue is resolved.

Also, in the future, if PartyPoker’s upgrades continue to be released in the same manner (ie., full of bugs, thoughtless errors, and general lack of respect for anything considered profession practice) I will have to look elsewhere for my gaming needs.

Now, how do I describe the table that I lost my connection at? The table name was “Speed”…of course, this is a joke because one of the magnificent improvements you have made in the new upgrade is to name all speed tournaments ”speed”.

So, here are a list of my opponents at the time of my disconnection: Ras72off Anteles1 Jamie025 Rags2richez1 Guckjack John2448 Juanramon Skx777

Cheers,
Devin

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe some variation of this will work for you.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:30 AM

Here's an anecdotal story involving Stars support today that shows the difference between the two sites:

Some time ago, towards the beginning of June, I had ordered a Neimann Marcus gift card with my FPPs for my fiancee in exchange for her not putting up a fuss when I play. Kind of a deal we have worked out - I play probably more than she likes, but she gets to spend most of the FPPs. Anyway, I order it, and get the regular email saying thank you for your order, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, blah blah blah.

Still hadn't received it as of this week, so I email Stars on Monday to see what's up:

<font color="red">Hello,
I know you guys are probably totally swamped with all the WSOP stuff oing on now, but I had a quick question for you regarding an FPP order I placed a while back. Below is an order confirmation I received on June 7th. It's been over 6 weeks, and I still have not received the item, nor have I heard anything saying that it has/hasn't been shipped. I was wondering if you could look into this order for me, and tell me the status. It was meant to be a gift, so prompt attention would be appreciated. Thanks a lot. [order confirmation included]
-Phil
</font>

A few hours later, I get this:

<font color="blue">Hello Philip,
The FPP Store does not actually handle the NM gift cards. I apologize for the mis-routing of your email. I will forward your query to the person that does, and they will get back to you on Tuesday.
</font>

Come Wednesday morning, no response from whoever (presumably one of Neimann Marcus' departments), so I send another email to Stars:

<font color="red">I still haven't heard anything - it's been over 2 days since I sent my email inquiry, and almost 8 weeks since my order. There's nothing you can do to look into this for me?? Normally you guys are so good with stuff like this.</font>

No more than 15 minutes after I sent that last one, Rich Korbin calls my cell phone(!!), and is totally aplogetic. Says this was truly out of their control, they weren't aware it wasn't shipped, normally don't have this problem, etc. Says he'll personally get this sqaured away ASAP. Also asks what size I wear, offers to send a bunch of Stars gear for being tardy with the order, and promises he'll call NM right after we get off the phone to square everything away.

About 15 minutes passes, and in my inbox:

<font color="blue">Philip -
Just spoke w/the customer service rep at NM - your certificate goes out today via overnight to the address you just sent me.
Best Regards,
Rich
</font>

It's amazing how differently Party and Stars treat their customers.