Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Style opinion and social commentary on clothing

El D,

Are you going the gay-indie-hipster route so you don't enter into direct competition with Alobar's sarcastic/dirty-slogans for-college-kids T-shirt company?
Old 04-05-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AZK,

I agree with jigsaw that the designs on the first set of shirts are too busy, too much going on. The crow graphic, I just think is a nice, clean, good-looking design. Not much more to it than that. Here are another couple of shirts I like a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the bottom design a fighting rooster? Vato!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:46 AM

Sidenote: I havent' seen anyone note that wearing a t-shirt + blazer requires a very different approach to choosing tees.

What a lot of you folks have called way cluttered, is actually pretty much what you need to have under a blazer. It adds contrast since most blazers are very plain. If you wear a nice plain t-shirt under a clean blazer, it doesn't look as good as if it were a crazy tee or a bright shirt.

The last tee posted with the graphic placed on the bottom left. I am not sure what the designer was thinking since it does not work. The focal point of any person is their face, followed by the chest + shoulders. Anything below the solar plexus is only relevant in terms of overall look, the emphasis should not be below the solar plexus, ever. Or am I wrong?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:12 AM

Phat: Yes, yes it is. In the shirt I have, above the right chest (ie: opposite corner) going onto the shoulder are two peaceful birds flying. See, the shirt is all about the juxtaposition of peaceful stuff and violence.

Alex: I couldn't find a pic of the actual shirt. In the real version, as I write above, there are some peaceful flying birds in the opposite corner.

RDH: "Are you going the gay-indie-hipster route so you don't enter into direct competition with Alobar's sarcastic/dirty-slogans for-college-kids T-shirt company?" No. It is so I can charge $100 for t-shirts and have superhot fashion model chicks model them.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:26 AM

El D,
I have only read 10 replies before I have to ask you this: How tall are you and what your build is? I'm 5 feet 8.5 and i can never pull that off because it attracts too much attention to my body and height.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:35 AM

han,

I'm pretty short (5'7") but currently in decent shape. Muscular, but not bulky like a meathead. Pretty ripped arms and broad shoulders and good chest w/ decent taper. Need to lose about 5 pounds to be in really good shape. Will be lean (but not slim) and ripped by the summertime.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:56 AM

El D,
I browsed through the posts and one thing that stood out was that a lot of people know about James Perse! I have followed them in magazines and they get mentioned once in a while. I just saw their store in Vegas and it was very appealing.

Hm, i don't have much to contribute in terms of t-shirt because I wear mostly polos when it gets hot in LA. I, like most of the college students who can't afford t-shirts in the hundos, have a couple of LRG t-shirts along with RVCA and etc. Have you looked at Diesel? They tend to have pretty cool designs but very few of them. (I can't link them because it's on their website but can't c/paste it because it's a flash site). My favorite store is Ted Baker. Everything in their store just screams "buy me" when I walk in the door. It's as "ghey" as you can get, imho, since everyone that works there is homosexual. (At least the one i go to in South Coast Plaza. I have been there many times and they all acted at least metrosexual and were really good helpers and had a good sense of fashion)[Again, no linky because it's a flash site]

Two department stores i think are pretty cool are Saks Fifth and Nordstrom. Yeah, most hip guys like to shop at Bloomingdale's but not me. Haven't been in a Neiman Marcus in a while because I don't shop with my mom anymore.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:05 AM

hanster,

I hate Diesel because so much of their stuff has Diesel in huge letters plastered all over it and even when it doesn't their logo is so distinctive. I like most of my stuff w/ no identifying markings.

Saks is generally too pricey for my taste. Bloomingdale's is OK, but has too much stuff for me. I like Nordstorm because they have a relatively limited selection. Overall I prefer shopping at places that take a point of view and have a pretty edited collection/selection. So, department store wise I'm mainly shopping at Nordstrom, plus at random other small stores in SF and NYC.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CDS,

"Gay t-shirt says im trying to hard."

Totally agree that your shirts would probably be funnier and the wearers would likely be much cooler.

But we are pretty much going to be marketing to people who try way too hard and pay way too much money for stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes that is true...if your talking about making $$ from trendy folk then the gayer the better.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:36 AM

CDS,

Would you like to be on the waiting list for shirts? Currently taking orders for Line One Shirt Three.
Closed Thread