Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Heads up for NL players, 10/20 NL juicy as hell

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to officially nominate Las Vegas as the permanent site of the NBA All-Star Game. Also the NHL and MLB ASGs, the Pro Bowl, the Super Bowl, the Final Four (yeah right), etc.

... Or at least, I hope they go back there once I'm bankrolled and able to move out to Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

The NBA all star game here every year?....that's a wonderful idea...as we can be assured of having at least one weekend each year when thugs (of all races) descend upon our pristine city and harass, assault, burglarize, and shoot patrons and workers up and down the strip (Although you'll probably never hear about it through the media I know for a fact there were major shootings at Caesars and Paris and I've heard there were others). I know a lot of people that work in the service industry on the strip...I've talked to several this weekend and they've all stressed how miserable and disturbing it was.
Granted there was a lot of money being thrown around, but it was a bad scene here.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
didnt this thread have more posts in it? talking about black guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That part of the topic was removed because it was in poor taste. B&M is not the place to make soapbox posts for social issues such as race, nor will we allow BBV/OOT/NVG type "low bandwidth" responses. Once the offending posts are removed the balance of the thread will be returned by the Admins. PS: There was nothing wrong with Photoc's post, but it was part of the subthread - it will return soon.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to officially nominate Las Vegas as the permanent site of the NBA All-Star Game. Also the NHL and MLB ASGs, the Pro Bowl, the Super Bowl, the Final Four (yeah right), etc.

... Or at least, I hope they go back there once I'm bankrolled and able to move out to Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

The NBA all star game here every year?....that's a wonderful idea...as we can be assured of having at least one weekend each year when thugs (of all races) descend upon our pristine city and harass, assault, burglarize, and shoot patrons and workers up and down the strip (Although you'll probably never hear about it through the media I know for a fact there were major shootings at Caesars and Paris and I've heard there were others). I know a lot of people that work in the service industry on the strip...I've talked to several this weekend and they've all stressed how miserable and disturbing it was.
Granted there was a lot of money being thrown around, but it was a bad scene here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The shootings were discussed in the media, and they were in both scenarios people who knew one another. No workers were harmed in any of the shootings, and none were even at risk unless you have information that is not public knowledge.

According to last night's news report there were just under 300 arrests this weekend (up from an average of 18/day if I remember correctly) with the vast majority of them being petty larceny. As the police chief pointed out anytime you bring that many people to Las Vegas there is bound to be a criminal element that will follow. As a former NYC resident I can verify this theory(small sample size of course), crime skyrockets anytime there is a political convention.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:39 PM

I actually thought the information on what opponents the visiting NBA players would or wouldn't play against was informative.

Now, if you want to deem the ensuing commentary as "low-content" then fine, but if a post about a juicy game is informative then surely a post about implicit restrictions on who's "allowed" to join the game with breaking it up is equally informative.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... I thought the original post about two guys wanting to sit in and being told to go away was reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if it'd be reasonable if we reversed the colors.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2007, 01:57 PM

So, these guys weren't allowed to play because they were white?
Old 02-19-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So these dudes weren't allowed to play because they were white?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

TT, apologies if this is subverting your decision (which is probably the right one). For clarity, and to hopefully let this thread die - Premise of the missing "trip report":

Dudes are playing relatively high stakes(10/20NL). They're all friends. The game is playing like a home game - loose and action packed. Someone else tries to sit in, the players intimate the new players are unwelcome, and if the new dudes insist on sitting, the game will break and go elsewhere.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a former NYC resident I can verify this theory(small sample size of course), crime skyrockets anytime there is a political convention.

[/ QUOTE ]

NBA All Star Game attracts as many crooks as a political convention? That's a lot of crooks..
Old 02-19-2007, 02:43 PM

I didn't think that any of the players' race was the issue. The people playing just didn't want any 'pros' in the game, at least that's what I got from the post.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it had a mini trip report about two guys trying to sit in and they weren't welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Information I was alluding to has been edited/deleted, and yes, what I got from the post was that the white players WERE prevented from joining an open game, not a table full of friends and asked to keep a FULL table going with the "ballas."

But again, pertinent information has been deleted....