Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 04:32 AM

Default poker trip san fran no busto yet

so far doing okay in the bay area. lots of good games at all levels. while waiting for the big limit game at bay 101 i sat for a little while in the 2,3,5, blind spread game 200 max buyin 200 max bet. easy game with not alot of action but with that structure and the weak players i dont see how a thinking player could lose over time.
so i ended up in the 40 80 again as that was the best game in my mind.lots of action on most any hand you play.
after the game i talked sucker into going out to eat some italian food. so we did and had some beer. after the beer ran out i suggested we call boris and have him come down and provide us with more beer. the plan worked out and boris even had a good time.
the plan now is to have a big dinner on thurs with the famous masked man you know who.hopefully it will be in palo alto at a great italian joint. this time el d will have to drive. hoping for boris and tommy as well. haakee maybe will come if he thinks someone else will pay. there will be lots of wine and who knows what else.
good night
Old 01-07-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: poker trip san fran no busto yet

[ QUOTE ]
while waiting for the big limit game at bay 101 i sat for a little while in the 2,3,5, blind spread game 200 max buyin 200 max bet. easy game with not alot of action

[/ QUOTE ]

You were at an atypical table for that game. Usually it goes raise, raise, call, call, bet, raise, raise, call, call, showdown high card King. Or the next hand pocket kings, pocket Jacks, and pocket 7's. There is seldom a lack of action no matter what cards are held.

If you were there Saturday morning and afternoon, the game may have been full of busted out trounament players from the Shooting Stars satellite. They are less whacky than the usual cash game crowd.