Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Is there still cheating going at AP?

[ QUOTE ]
well i am a VIP there so i get rakeback and also some other cool benefits and i for one was very satisfied with what they told me they had already done and what they planned to do to avoid this happening again...AP unlike some sites (full tilt)have support that can be reached 24/7 which is another factor that keeps me there...and i have always found there support willing to help in anyway possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

But again what do you expect them to say? They have consistently lied every step of the way, only changing their story and admitting to some cheating when the facts were irrefutable. How can anyone trust such an organization that is as rotten to the core as AP is? By all means, if you want to risk your money playing on such a site that is your right but please don't steer other beginning players who might not be aware of all the facts there.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:43 PM

they can go and find the facts out for themselves i just hate seeing all this hate posting about AP...and these beginners wont even be playing the levels that the cheating was taking place at most likely...
Old 11-06-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...and i have always found there support willing to help in anyway possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you have because they are staring at your hole cards while you are talking to them. j/k

AP is a risk to play on. Beginner players should be aware of all the facts and make their own decisions. With the amount of competition i believe there is no reason to play on a site that has blatantly lied to the public then tried to cover its tracks.

I think you are in a minority to be pro AP but then thats your own risk but just because support says we have done x and y and we will be good in the future does not get my trust when it comes to holding $$.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you still play there, you deserve to be cheated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-06-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is nothing wrong with AP i contacted them after the incident and they assured me and went in to great detail about what they have done to make sure nothing of this nature happens again

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? They repeatedly lied that the cheating was impossible, that it did not take place, that it was only one person, that it did not involve insiders, etc. Any statements they make now can't be taken at face value.

If you weren't just trying to make a joke that you believed statement #11 after the first 10 were shown to be lies (not just untrue, but statements they knew to be untrue), then I doubt you were talking to someone with first-hand knowledge. You were probably talking to a customer service representative, not someone with a security or IT background, who was given a sheet of information to say in case someone asked about the cheating scandal.

As far as I know, Absolute Poker has not revealed the conclusions of the audit investigating the extent of the cheating. They also haven't apologized for any of their lies.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:15 AM

There is no more cheating. AP said so. Unless of course they had their fingers crossed when they said it.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:18 AM

i received a email directly from AP's security department right after the incident surfaced, they told my precisely what had happened exactly what they had done about it and what they were planning to do to make there site safer in the future...i was satisfied with the the information they gave me and after some serious thought continue to play on AP
Old 11-06-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i received a email directly from AP's security department right after the incident surfaced, they told my precisely what had happened exactly what they had done about it and what they were planning to do to make there site safer in the future...i was satisfied with the the information they gave me and after some serious thought continue to play on AP

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you didn't.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i received a email directly from AP's security department right after the incident surfaced,

[/ QUOTE ]
Right after the incidenct surfaced? Do you mean after the suspicious play in cash games in August? Do you mean just after the tournament Potripper won on September 12th in a style that caused a huge storm of suspicion? Do you mean right after investigators revealed the hand history with all of the hole cards on about October 14th, or when Absolute Poker officially admitted there had been a security breach on about October 21st?

By the way, that someone claims to be from AP's secuity department does not mean that they are in the security department.

[ QUOTE ]
they told my precisely what had happened exactly what they had done about it and what they were planning to do to make there site safer in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
They have not officially announced exactly what happened, or what they plan to do to make the site safer. I expect that they gave you some PR line to make themselves sound responsible, but I doubt they told you anything substantial they have not announced. If they did, please post it in the BBV forum.

[ QUOTE ]
i was satisfied with the the information they gave me

[/ QUOTE ]
Would you have been satisfied by the previous statements that they made which have been shown to be flagrantly wrong?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 AM

It is blatantly obvious that BTMegaCash hasn't read any of the BBV threads on the AP scandal.