Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

Latest from gambling911.com:

http://www.gambling911.com/Absolute-Poker-102007.html

Interesting tidbits:

[ QUOTE ]

An employee responsible for sending out the so-called "smoking gun" spread sheet with confidential client information (as well as the server info of the suspect players leading to Absolute's own server) did so out of "laziness".

"Instead of looking up specific information that had been requested, he could not find this information and simply shot the whole spread sheet to a customer," we were told by an executive at Absolute.

That employee was terminated and Absolute Poker is working to ensure that such an instance never happens again.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Absolute is asserting that the spreadsheet releaser was not the same as the "geek".

[ QUOTE ]

Information launched to the customer could potentially have been changed, according to management, though this is something that cannot be ascertained at this juncture in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're leaving the door open to asserting that the spreadsheet was tampered with, although I think they realize that that is a very tough sell.

And to demonstrate their journalistic objectivity:

[ QUOTE ]

As a side note, our impression of Absolute was that we believed it to be among the most professionally run operations in Costa Rica. This was long before they ever joined Gambling911.com as a sponsor. Our own Jenny Woo visited their office in August 2006

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2007, 10:16 AM

Disgusting.

- AP, either make your statement or STFU with feeding tidbits of information to biased media organisations to gauge our response.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Disgusting.

- AP, either make your statement or STFU with feeding tidbits of information to biased media organisations to gauge our response.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 AM

All,

I have been following this from the beggining but have not wanted to clutter up threads because I do not have anything significant to contribute. I think that everyone involved has done an amazing job thus far and the effort you guys have put forth is very commendable. There are a few things I think should be noted

1.) At this point, I feel it is unwise to scutinize the holes in any statement AP releases in these threads and then post them. It was neccesary for this to be a very public discussion to get the ball rolling, but at this point having the best minds pick apart the most obvious holes and especially the less obvious ones, will just help absolute address as many of these issues as possible with their public statements

2.) Poker generally is viewed negativley in the media, so some of the stories posted thus far should not be surprsing. That said, the stories run by the more signficant news outlets, especially the MSNBC one, really are not as harmful to online poker as i would have expected them to be.

3.) This issue already has media attention. Initially, there needed to be a big push to make this occur. Right now, we should be waiting to see absolute's "in depth" explanation before trying to get more coverage to this issue. I suspect strongly that it will be a pretty flagrant cover up, but hope this is not the case. If it is, obviously there are enough intelligent minds on this to find glaring holes in whatever BS they feed the media. Since this is already a big story, any member of the media should/will be receptive to any decent evidence that the story being portrayed is inaccurate. Remember how little meat many reporters seem to need to run a story. (remember that idiot writing about how no one was getting cheated!) With the information thats already available, let alone the additional stuff that we will uncover, we could already systematically disseminate the lies being put forth. Lets not allow let our haste to resolve this and make AP come clean translate into us doing their work for them.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a side note, our impression of Absolute was that we believed it to be among the most professionally run operations in Costa Rica. This was long before they ever joined Gambling911.com as a sponsor.

[/ QUOTE ]
That really makes Costa Rica look like a third world country! Says a lot for allowing these operations to be run in the US where they can be regulated and charged as required.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:57 AM

So... who's going to deposit to Absolute when the next deposit bonus rolls around?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
among the most professionally run operations in Costa Rica

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a phrase used in their advertising, for some reason.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:15 AM

Come and join the action this weekend with our 100k guaranteed on Saturday and 50k on Sunday! With more and bigger guaranteed tournaments, Absolute Poker is your place to play. See you at the tables whenever, wherever!

This was at the bottom of my latest email from support. I guess they are anticipating smaller turnouts.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Latest from gambling911.com:

http://www.gambling911.com/Absolute-Poker-102007.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Y'know, I've been following this for a week, and I must say that Gambling911.com sounds like a bunch of low-life shills.

"Scott Tomm had no involvement in this matter," the representative from Absolute Poker told Gambling911.com.

So, which spelling is correct? "Tom" or "Tomm"?

To clear things up, as Gambling911.com has been at the Absolute Poker office in the past, there has been discussions connecting Nine.com with Absolute. Nine.com was located in the same Mall office complex as Absolute prior to this year. For over a year now, Nine.com was moved to Curacao and is now fully integrated into VIP.com.

This carefully avoids addressing #17 in the Cliff's Notes, that the Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com. AJ Green changed his name from Allan Grimard, and was involved in internat scams before AP.

As a side note, our impression of Absolute was that we believed it to be among the most professionally run operations in Costa Rica.

Yes, because they're going to show their inner computer workings to just anybody who visits their offices. And I'm sure their representative was a crack computer expert.

Our own Jenny Woo visited their office in August 2006.

Don't pay attention to our blatant shilling, look at her boobs!!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
among the most professionally run operations in Costa Rica

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as professional as most Costa Rican drug cartels.

GG!
Closed Thread