Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Mario Strikers Charged

[ QUOTE ]
Also I still can't figure out how to teleport into the goal with Dry Bones like the computer and online players keep doing to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

slide tackle button/wiimote d-pad, the more the ball is charged, the further you can teleport
Old 08-16-2007, 02:03 AM

Yah I realize that the more charged the ball is the further it goes, but every time I try it the goalie rapes me.

And the Striker Cup is so [censored] rigged. I'm 6/33 on megastrikes with half those shots landing on the orange part of the speed meter and the other half in the green.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:37 PM

A nice sidekick combo is
defense: dry bones
wings: toad & hammer

dry bones is nice and fast, which is essential for defense. he's also got an acceptable attacking range which you'll need in the back. and if you happen to have him with a charged ball, you can just sidestep the defenders, get somewhere near the goal and roll him past any goalkeeper.

toad is also fast, but his attack range is very small. I mainly use him to jump over the goal keeper for an easy score. it takes some practice to get the timing tight, but it's really easy.
if you struggle with the timing, just jump into the keeper and pass the ball before the keeper hits you, then your other players can sink it in the open goal.

hammer is mainly there for distance shots. charge the ball, pass it to hammy, and whack it. don't be shy to release if someone is blocking, since that charges the ball even more (plus you get items).
bird should do just as well. main thing is, with two fast/tricky sidekicks you'll need one with serious shotpower.

as for captain:
i've been using yoshi, but as stated by others before, his special abilities suck monkey balls. i'm probably going to start over with DK, because in the striker cup you really need a deke that will knock others down - yoshis dumb hobbling thingy is plain useless, and his special ability ain't that much better either.
and another stong striker would really help for those teams with fast defenders where you just can't get close to the goal. charge the ball pass it to DK or hammy and whack it. that's the idea.

what annoys me most about the striker cup (where i'm stuck with yoshi and team) is that whenever other captains start to pull off a megastrike their sidekicks will simultaneously knock over any player close by. highly annoying, i wish i was able to do the same. argh. i haven't gotten past the semis there with this team yet.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yah I realize that the more charged the ball is the further it goes, but every time I try it the goalie rapes me.

And the Striker Cup is so [censored] rigged. I'm 6/33 on megastrikes with half those shots landing on the orange part of the speed meter and the other half in the green.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lob pass the ball to yourself down one of the wings until it is white. Or charge for a shot and then pass it ahead before you shoot. Go all the way until the end of the field and then cut directly up/down and teleport in.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:19 PM

can anyone beat the last two challenges? [censored] impossible

oh and i can't get the golden foot on striker cup either. [censored]
Old 08-16-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can anyone beat the last two challenges? [censored] impossible

oh and i can't get the golden foot on striker cup either. [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

The second to last one took me 10+ tries. I finally just scored the first goal and held the ball for the rest of the game.

I got the last one on my first try. Just use DB's skill shot over and over.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what annoys me most about the striker cup (where i'm stuck with yoshi and team) is that whenever other captains start to pull off a megastrike their sidekicks will simultaneously knock over any player close by. highly annoying, i wish i was able to do the same. argh. i haven't gotten past the semis there with this team yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes!!!!! that is ridiculous.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:44 PM

Are you guys playing the comp on regular or hard?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:59 PM

Regular
Old 08-17-2007, 04:47 AM

Regular, too. Don't wanna know what type of nightmare hard would be.