Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: PT: Postgre DB Advantages?

[ QUOTE ]
PT seems have the market fairly well cornered, but IMHO it is not bc it is the best application

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If an alternative came up that supported PAHud and did not have the performance problems PTracker did, I would gladly give them my monies.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PT seems have the market fairly well cornered, but IMHO it is not bc it is the best application

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If an alternative came up that supported PAHud and did not have the performance problems PTracker did, I would gladly give them my monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously it would need at least the same level of functions plus have markedly better performance---sign me up.

cheers,
sean
Old 03-04-2006, 05:18 AM

Thanks for all the input about the postgre SQL guys. I will be converting my database soon - my database is quickly approaching 500k hands.

A shameless plug because I think Jon's software could be fantastic, if it supports PAHud, is Poker Davinci. I've been trying to play with it as much as time allows, but from what I have been able to do, its marvelous. I would encourage you guys to try the free beta.

-eric
Old 03-04-2006, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After doing all this I came to the sad conclusion that something is flawed about PT's DB schema itself or the parsing code is badly written.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never used PokerTracker so I really have no idea, but sounds like it's just horribly written code from what you're describing. However, PostgreSQL isn't the fastest SQL db around, so if PokerTracker doesn't rely on PostgreSQL and can accept any SQL database (w/o transactions), try MySQL and see if that improves performance.