Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: brag :lebron

"but Lebron still seems timid at times. He's a better athlete, but Lebron hasn't developed that killer instinct and ability to just flip the switch like Wade does. "

lebron is a team player. he likes to pass and play good ball. thats his mentality. this game was the first time ive ever seen him say [censored] it and take over.

secondly, lebron is hacked more than any other player in the league. its like the refs handicap him. hacked 3 times on the final shot of game 2. hacked twice with like 4 min left last game. even the game winner should have been and 1.

wade excells bc you cant even breathe on his featherass.

"snow is getting old... we need to get rid of him. also some of the other dead weight on the bench. Z is getting old and kind of lazy, but im still not convinced he needs to go yet"

in the nba contracts are gauranteed so cavs cant get rid of any of those guys unless they trade but no one is gonna trade for overpaid old guys with 2 and 3 yrs left on the contract. mebbe be able to trade snow after next season as his contract expires in 08/09 but then cavs must take on a similarly priced player with a few years left who proly isnt very good.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lebron is a team player. he likes to pass and play good ball. thats his mentality. this game was the first time ive ever seen him say [censored] it and take over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with him passing when it's appropriate, but a team player is a player that does what he needs to to help his team win. There's a time to pass and a time to take over games. Until the other night Lebron definitely hadn't learned which is which. Hopefully the other night is a sign he's finally learned.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:52 PM

fbg, i agree. its just a testament to lebrons uniqueness that his mentality has always been that hoops is a team sport. in the long run, i think his unselfishness will reap better results for the cavs. when everyone said he was "coasting" in the regular season i think they were way off. he was making a point to involve his teammats, to improve their confidence, experience, skill and morale.

gibson, pavlovic and gooden simply would not be playing as well now if lebron had gone kobestyle all year and the cavs would not be going as deep in the playoffs. secondly, this team loves each other and loves playing with each other. look at the bench reactions from guys like damon jones, and dmarshall, who could sulk and whine about pt but are the first ones to congratulate sasha and varejao (their replacements)
Old 06-01-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in the long run, i think his unselfishness will reap better results for knicks/lakers/other big market team

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-01-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to hate the guy but I am now a believer

the next Jordan is here

[/ QUOTE ]

Jordan wouldn't have missed those two freethrows to put the Cavs up and ultimately win the game w/o going to overtime, so no this is not the next Jordan, but he's close.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he scored 29 of their last 30 [censored] points. unreal. Step-backs while double teamed, drive and dunks, drive then duck lay-ins, crossover j's, every kind of shot there is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except freethrows...
Old 06-01-2007, 02:38 PM

does he play football??
Old 06-01-2007, 02:40 PM

Vince Carter is the next Jordan
Old 06-01-2007, 02:56 PM

I'm just saying it was one of those games where he was not gonna let the cavs lose. Hes learning how to not only become a great player (Kobe) but become a great player who can pick up his team and win (Jordan). That is the steepest part of his learning curve imo, hes such a great athlete and the rest of his game has developed so fast, he just needed to learn how to win. I think hes there now, and its just scary.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never seen one guy beat an entire team.

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently you didn't watch the Eastern Conference Finals last year, when Dwayne Wade did exactly the same thing to the Pistons. Dwayne just happened to do it from the free throw line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Shaq is not worthwhile. Get NBA knowledge

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you actually watch those games last year? Wade was BY FAR the driving force that eliminated them.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Wade did last year just isn't the same. Wade had somewhat of a supporting cast. You did not expect Wade to take every shot of the 4th quarter.

In last night's game, everyone (Detroit included) knew that no other trash Cav player on the court was going to be doing anything besides standing along the sidelines and watch Lebron play. They can't even set a [censored] screen correctly.

When all 5 Detroit players and the coach know that Lebron is going to be taking every shot and all 6 of them still can't stop him.....that's something special.