Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 07:25 PM

Default 2 hands: AA UI on river AND bottom 2pair in a big pot OOP

PLO 25 Bodog

everyone has $25 in stacks

Hand 1.

Hero in CO w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

3 limpers, hero pots, BB and 2 limpers call.

~$5, 4 players
flop J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checked around. I figured someone must have hit this flop a lot harder than I have.

turn Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to me again. I don't think a straight would have checked and everything else would be afraid of a straight.

I pot, BB calls, limper calls.

~ $20, 3 players
River 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, limper bets $7.

I am considering calling. I represented a straight, he would only bet a boat for value. I only need to be good 20% of the time.

Hand 2.

Hero A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB

5 limpers, button min raises, I call, call, limper makes it 2, we end up with 4 players and $11 in the pot

~$11, 4 players
flop 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Do I pot it?? I heard you need to have at least top 2 in PLO to make a stand, but the pot is so big here, implied odds aren't big compared to the pot. And every new card is scary.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:48 PM

Default Re: 2 hands: AA UI on river AND bottom 2pair in a big pot OOP

I think you can check/fold hand 2 because its the sorta board which hits so many hands and without any backdoor draws yourself you are either very even money with any draw or behind if someone has top two or better. So just try to atleast check it to turn, if the turn is a 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or similar total brick you could lead out to protect your hand because of the amount of players.