Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: 5.20 sopranos

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also - the guy who answered the door at Phil's house was with the guy when they ran into Meadow, and when Tony beat him down

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they were different guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

bWAHAAHAH.

Some of you are horrible at watching TV.

That was very clearly the same guy.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:47 AM

The guy who got curbstomped would only treat meadow like that if it had already been made clear from Phil that Jersey's contemptible and war's inevitable.

That's not an opening salvo, that's admission that the war is already on.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:47 AM

From what we've seen of Phil, I don't think he would really care about the incident, considering what has happened to his family members.

Maybe not if it was Paulie or Bobby but Meadow is a civilian AND female. Even Phil has to recognize how out of line that was and I don't think there's any chance that Coco or Butch lie to him about the incident. Phil would come down on them 10x worse for lying to him than for screwing up and needing him to back them up as a result of it.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 AM

Way I see it.

Tony and Phil both had a "life's too short" moment when they went through their medical drama.

The way that's manifested itself for Phil is that he's not going to play around and be political. He wants to go to war, so he's going to go to war.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Way I see it.

Tony and Phil both had a "life's too short" moment when they went through their medical drama.

The way that's manifested itself for Phil is that he's not going to play around and be political. He wants to go to war, so he's going to go to war.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting take - I think I agree. While Tony's having revelations of there being 'something else', Phil doesn't seem convinced there is - or is so convinced of the rightness of his actions that it doesn't matter.

the interesting part is that Tony really doesn't give a [censored] about any of his guys anymore - all of them have frayed their relationships with Tony. He resents them all for having successful children. As a result, all-out war is inevitable, and it's just a question of who begins playing dirty first, because neither of these two have anyone powerful enough in their organization to question them.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also - the guy who answered the door at Phil's house was with the guy when they ran into Meadow, and when Tony beat him down

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bWAHAAHAH.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy with Coco when he accosted Meadow was NOT the same guy with Coco when Tony came and kicked his ass. The guy with Coco in this latter scene who Tony repeatedly pointed the gun at is Butch. He was also the guy who opened the door at Phil's house.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bWAHAAHAH.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy with Coco when he accosted Meadow was NOT the same guy with Coco when Tony came and kicked his ass. The guy with Coco in this latter scene who Tony repeatedly pointed the gun at is Butch. He was also the guy who opened the door at Phil's house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Coco had a guy with him when he ran into Meadow. I got the feeling that the guy who told him to leave was the owner of the place.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:04 PM

hbo.com episode guide.....

On a date in the city with her new boyfriend, Patrick Parisi, Meadow is confronted by a drunk Coco, who makes a series of slightly threatening and vulgar remarks to her, before Albie finally pulls him away
Old 05-21-2007, 12:14 PM

Good episode.

I've thought for a few weeks that the war with NY is inevitable and it appears to be the case now.

I think the writing on the Phil character is excellent. Phil is all about ego and not about business at all. He consistently makes unwise business decisions because of ego. Case in point the asbestos thing. He wants a much larger cut than the previous guy was taking, and he's unwilling to negotiate, he thinks he can just dictate terms.

Even in the conversation, he said something to the effect of, those were my terms, it wasn't an offer. Basically take my terms and screw off. He doesn't appear to realize he's talking to another family boss, he clearly sees Tony as an underling/beneath him. I think this is going to ultimately be a VERY large mistake.

This time, Phil's unwillingness to bend lost his guys their no-show jobs, which makes them more vulnerable to prosecution, loses them health insurance, etc. He doesn't take into account the consequences of his actions, he just goes by ego alone.

The problem with Phil is that his hate for Tony is so large because of the Blundetto thing. Despite Tony killing his own cousin for Phil, Phil still can't forgive him. Tony was out of line by beating up the made-guy for what he said. Regardless of what he said and who he said it to, it should have been a discussion between Tony and Phil first. Then if they couldn't come to a resolution, Tony at least could say he tried. That didn't happen here, and a lot of it had to do with the previous Phil unwillingness to negotiate. It's on now so to speak.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bWAHAAHAH.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure about that? I had it on DVR but erased it, dammnit. I was pretty sure, like 90%, that the guy with the glass eye was at the restaurant when Tony curb stomped Coco and at the door or Phil's place, but NOT with Coco at the restaurant with Meadow.