Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Effective BB Hand ranges? (NC)

So the other day I was at a table at crappy empire (piece of dirty [censored]).. Anyways, I was with our own pokerbob and we were chatting for a bit. At some point I pulled a bad beat on him when we were in a sb (me) vs. bb (him). He told me I was being stupid for calling/raising with my hand and I responded that I had A high on a pretty draw-sparse board and then had a low pair on the turn, so I played to the river (I think I c/r'd the turn with a low pair and bet out the river that gave me two pair).

All of this aside - if you complete in the sb and you're HU against the BB, how do you deal with BB aggression with a TAG? Obviously a TAG BB will bet 90% of flops checked to them in this situation. So do you call down with A high, hoping to catch or check/raise (/donk) the turn?

This seems to be a place where I leak (at least, according to him), so I wanted to get a few opinions on how to play the sb/bb in these situations where you have a marginal hand against an opponent that is aggressive, has well-defined play, and hasn't raised pf to help narrow his hand range.

-eric
Old 01-30-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: Effective BB Hand ranges? (NC)

...so YOU'RE the guy who made my friend complain to me incessantly last night

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP calls.

River: (14.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP has Tc Jc (straight flush, queen high).
Hero has 8s 8d (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: MP wins 16.16 BB. </font>

LOOK FAMILIAR, Sui???

(sorry for the NC but, well, there's already "NC" in the subject so I think I'm in the clear)