Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-23-2007, 08:39 AM

Default FullTilt Manipulating Your Winnings?

I'm pretty frustrated and concerned right now that FullTilt may manipulate the outcomes of hands based on players' history. I don't want to speculate and I obviously don't have evidence that this is true other than what I'm experiencing. Yesterday morning I placed first in two consecutive Poker After Dark Rd 1 Satellites. Since then I have entered about 20 freerolls and I have literally won no more than 5-10 hands. I've been all in with AK suited against 58o and other similar hands... I lose every time. Yes, it's sometimes a game of luck and I'm obviously not going to win every hand, but winning less than 5% of the hands I enter is raising suspicion in me, especially when I am usually entering the hand as a huge favorite. Has anybody else experienced anything like this after playing very solid in tourneys?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: FullTilt Manipulating Your Winnings?

No
Old 11-23-2007, 08:51 AM

I take it you havn't played a lot
Old 11-23-2007, 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

(btw "FullTilt Manipulating Your Winnings?" is just another way of asking "Is online poker rigged?" You're not fooling anyone with that. If you don't think it's fair, don't play. Rarely anyone who thinks online poker is rigged can be convinced otherwise.)
Old 11-23-2007, 09:21 AM

hahaha You must've skipped the part where I said I was trying to keep from speculating. I was simply wondering if anybody has experienced this. Thanks for all the positivity. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2007, 09:26 AM

Yes I have experienced numerous heinous beats. I have emailed them about it but they deny any blame. I think their random card generator might not be so random. They offered no proof of it being genuine.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hahaha You must've skipped the part where I said I was trying to keep from speculating. I was simply wondering if anybody has experienced this. Thanks for all the positivity. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Come on seriously. You are not trying to keep from speculating - you are asking if FTP manipulate winnings. What is that if you are not speculating then?

You quoted ? to my previous post. If you play poker for any length of time you will see numerous bad beats and they tend to come in "chunks" not nicely scattered that correspond to mathmatical probabilities.

When playing online it is easy to blame the RNG as being rigged. Online you play so many hands that wierd and wonderful things happen. Accept it or don't play.

FTP come in for some stick due to their customer service at times but it is a well respected site. I don't think you will get much support here that it is rigged. It is not. Regular players can tell you this but as a newbie a few bad beats puts doubt in your mind. We have newbies bringing up rigged theories all the time. Get over it or move on to a different pastime or just play live.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:55 AM

You're obviously very confused. I'm not trying to convince anybody that it is rigged. Just wondered if anybody shared my frustrations. I'll work on accepting bad beats when you can accept that it was a legitimate question. If you have a problem, I would appreciate that you take your negativity elsewhere. You're not offering anything to this thread.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're obviously very confused. I'm not trying to convince anybody that it is rigged. Just wondered if anybody shared my frustrations. I'll work on accepting bad beats when you can accept that it was a legitimate question. If you have a problem, I would appreciate that you take your negativity elsewhere. You're not offering anything to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - you made the post. So you only want people to reply who agree that it is rigged. I am not being negative I am just telling you that you are wrong. It is not rigged.

Do I share people's frustrations at bad beats? Absolutely, but that is part of poker. That wasn't what you asked though. You asked whether FTP was manipulating winnings. You should have stipulated "only replies agreeing with me please".