Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Over/Under 18.5 Democratic pickups on Nov.7th?
Under 2 16.67%
Over 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: *** Official NY Mets Our OFFSEASON Has Come Thread ***

No pudge plz. Don't want to overpay for another past his prime player (ahem, Delgado).
Old 10-02-2007, 01:17 PM

Whoever was behind the Heath Bell for Ben Johnson trade needs to be fired.

If I was a Met player I'd be pissed at Reyes too, and not for his late season slump. There is no excuse for not hustling. In Saturday's game he stood at the plate and watched his high chopper get fielded in fair territory for an easy out. WTF! A couple of innings later Milledge is on second with 2 outs and he just stands there on an infield pop up. Run you dope, there are 2 outs! This team is just so frustrating to watch. Someone needs to go and it probably should be Randolph. Discipline starts at the top and it seems Willie isn't the guy to keep these youngsters in line.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:18 PM

I see no way Pudge does not come to NY. Hes an obvious fit, considering Omars latin preference and what other Catcher could they get anyways? I see no way LoDuca comes back.

I would also suspect Omar will look to bring in Colon and Livan if possible.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:42 PM

^^nnnoo...younger, not older...colon and livan can be good, but this continues the cycle of locking ourselves into contracts with old players...

true, young pitching will be hard to find, but let's no the route of the yankees a couple of years back
Old 10-02-2007, 02:43 PM

I am mixed on whether willie should have stayed or went

but i am glad the decision was made now so we can move forward
Old 10-02-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gomez cannot hit .. i think he is a lifetime 4th outfielder and would not hesitate to trade him

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had to trade an outfielder Gomez would also be my choice. We already have a Gomez except his name is Chavez.

Willie's back! Yeah! Blah. The good news at least is that decision is out of the way. Now Omar can concentrate on improving this team without having to deal with that controversy. Randolph is certainly going to be watched closely and will not have much latitude to screw up next season.

So...Glavine's option is actually a player option. It's not mutual, it's not a team option. He'd be a retard to pass up $14 million or whatever it is. I have to assume there is a buyout at least, should the Mets not want to go in that direction? Which of course they shouldn't.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:08 PM

I honestly think they might fire peterson
Old 10-02-2007, 03:17 PM

m&f, it wouldn't surprise me at all as they prolly need a scapegoat...shame because peterson had such a good reputation and it's possible he's partially responsible for maine and perez this year...though perez had a ton of talent anyway and peterson didn't get the job done with zambrano or pelfrey (yet)...meh, i can see them letting peterson go, i can't be sure either if he's an asset or not.

That being said, it seems his strengths were supposed to be with young pitching i think, so i'm not going to completely hold the pen's struggles against him
Old 10-02-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I had to trade an outfielder Gomez would also be my choice. We already have a Gomez except his name is Chavez.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe this is true at all. Chavez is a part-time player who failed miserably when given two chances to be an every day player. He is a very nice role player. He's also going to 30 next season.

Gomez will be 22. Most say he is faster than Reyes, perhaps the fastest in the majors. Contrary to what we saw this year, he's shown some power in the minors at a very, very young age. A lot of players (such as Reyes) will develop power as they get older and fill out. I understand the expectation is that Gomez will do so. I would be very, very reluctant to trade this guy.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:16 PM

i'm with niss, we've read he has a lot of upside and i would like to see this guy get some playing time before deciding what to do with him...

also, chavez is great, but niss pointed out a few reasons why i'd like to have gomez more...that being said, they can both be kept around at affordable prices...

dunno, i just want to see what this kid can do