Old 11-29-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: StarsReads AHK

StarsReads-v0.3b.ahk Error Window:

Error at line 736.
Line Test: "+"
Error: Bad default value.

????????????????

---------------Kitty

Edit: Updated version to v0.3b, same error, updated line number.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:09 PM

im assuming you have a + in your pokerstars name?

what it does is it saves a file for every player, and it can't save a file with a + in it.

a workaround might be to have the code send all of the values to ONE file, but then you would have to search for the player names differently. dunno how to help you otherwise
Old 11-29-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im assuming you have a + in your pokerstars name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. It's the very 1st time I've ever run the program. I'm not sure how it would even know my name. Is there some editing of a file I need to do first?

I've downloaded the zip, unziped it, put it in it's own directory, created a shortcut to it from my desktop. To run it I just double click the link on my desktop.

???????????

Thanks for the help so far! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
----------------Kitty
Old 11-29-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

created a shortcut to it from my desktop.

[/ QUOTE ]

does this shortcut have "Working Directory" set to the folder the script (and it's associated files) live in? It must... or does it give you this error if you run it directly?

It will read your name from a table (and all the names from hand history files) - but I'm fairly certain you don't have a "+" in yours [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Is there some editing of a file I need to do first?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not.

Only if for some reason your pokerstars is not installed in the default "program files" folder.

You can edit the "default_colours.txt" file, if you want to make new colours or give them more descriptive names etc. - but it's probably best to get it working first, before making changes.

dave.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:14 PM

dave, running starsreads is lagging really, really hard

i open up processes and there's about 15 ahk.exe's in it, all using 2000k of memory each

i close starsreads.ahk and they all stay there (i have to close them all separately)
Old 11-29-2007, 09:28 PM

how many tables / what CPU? (EDIT: May as well list any system specs you can) It shouldn't be at all harsh on a machine [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Are you low enough on RAM that 30MB is hurting?

Easy enough to tune if it is the CPU getting hit tho - find this line:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>str := str . "SetTimer, updatepos, 1000`n"</pre><hr />

the 1000 - is ms for refresh, so 1 second is the default... change it to 3000 or something, that should cut CPU load to a third.

[ QUOTE ]

i close starsreads.ahk and they all stay there (i have to close them all separately)

[/ QUOTE ]

StarsReads.AHK itself is sort of a "parent" - it just watches for new tables, then creates a custom AHK for that table. The custom AHK will self-terminate when the table is closed. I should probably find a way to the "parent" kill all it's "children" when it dies itself... that would save some time.

What exactly is the LAG - the whole of Stars? Can you get any ideas from task manager where the problem is? I have no trouble running it on 12, but I haven't tried more than that yet.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:30 PM

heh. yeah more than 12. maybe something vista-related.

2gb of ram, 2.4ghz dell running 32bit vista

dunno why it's lagging, but it almost seems like there's a problem drawing the boxes on the screen, they almost "flicker"
Old 11-29-2007, 09:36 PM

OK, def not running out of RAM then I would hope [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And if that's a 2.4GHz Core2duo, I can't imagine it is the CPU either... similar spec to mine.

Maybe drawing the boxes is more "expensive" on Vista, what with the fancy interface - do you have Aero enabled? is "Disable Desktop Composition" checked for PokerStars?

There is an easy enough way to reduce performance impact to a quarter if need be, depending on how many sides of the box you want coloured?

Hopefully reducing the update frequency will be enough tho... unless you'd rather just have a single side highlighted on each player?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 PM

Bah! missed edit time by mere seconds [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I just had an idea to totally remove the need for highlight-refreshes unless strictly required... will experiment and hopefully post a much more CPU-kind update tomorrow.

Maybe I'll even get the super-notes thing working too - but not holding out great hopes just yet... I've got a lot of editing to do on BetPot too tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does this shortcut have "Working Directory" set

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
does it give you this error if you run it directly?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Even if nothing else is running (ie. PS, PT, PAHUD ect. ONLY StarRead running)

[ QUOTE ]
Only if for some reason your pokerstars is not installed in the default "program files" folder.

[/ QUOTE ]
PS = c:/Program Files/PokerStars

[ QUOTE ]
You can edit the "default_colours.txt" file, if you want to make new colours or give them more descriptive names etc. - but it's probably best to get it working first, before making changes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe edit later.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] _dave_

------------Kitty (with no "+" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )