Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 10-04-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Questions about dangerious flops to c-bet in NL hold\'em heads up NLTRN

I play mostly heads up sngs (5-10$) and with an active small ball style. I nearly always make a standard c-bet if i raised preflop with all kind of flops if the opponent is weak and lets me. My goal is not to be credible, it's to be annoying until the villain gets mad. If i flop a two pair or even quads, i always bet if i raised preflop. The villain eventually gets frustrated and pushes with carbage or has worse hand to call. For me this has been the most profitable way to play cause these low limit players tend to have low threshold for tilting or they are way too passive.

I'm trying to improve my game though. cause first of all, its not wise to c-bet every single time against an experienced opponent. Also, against passive players there are flops that too likely might have hit to my opponent. I NEVER MINRAISE heads up, its always 3xbb, call or fold. After the flop its 1/2-2/3 of the pot depending on the flop. I can say its mostly 2/3 and i never variate my bet size according to the strenght of my hand. I would like to get some kind of info about your experiences in unprofitable or less profitable c-bets depending on the flop. According to harrington its almost always correct play cause u dont have to win it every time to break even. Some players have this philosophy.

Also. i have a suspicions against players (NLHE heads up) who minraise or 3xbet a lot oop and then quickly bet the pot after the flop. also, if i call, they many times bet the pot on the turn also. I've noticed that check-raising these kind of plays has won the pot many times on the flop. Is this a kind of universal tell. Like, if i fold to most of them and the villain knows it, why would he do it constantly keep firing the pot if he knows he gets no value.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Questions about dangerious flops to c-bet in NL hold\'em heads up

3 mid to high connectors/ 1 gappers (eg 9TQ) are terrible to Cbet with nothing, and that is it. against aggressive opponents i tend to avoid cbetting very junk flops (eg 225), as they are prone to raise you off it

but yeah, unless your opponent is good enough to exploit your constant cbetting, you should be doing it almost all the time.

also, always raising 3xbb pre is a mistake. as the blinds get bigger, your raises should become smaller in terms off bb when playing a HU sitngo, otherwise you become rediculously exploitable (ie the other guy can shove you light and make a big profit from it).

finally, not altering bet sizing according to hand strength is correct against a strong player, but against fish you are usually missing out on opportunities to exploit them
Old 10-05-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, always raising 3xbb pre is a mistake. as the blinds get bigger, your raises should become smaller in terms off bb when playing a HU sitngo, otherwise you become rediculously exploitable (ie the other guy can shove you light and make a big profit from it).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is great advice. Playing using pokerstars limits, for 25/50 a standard raise for me would be 2.5BB, for 50/100, 2bb and when it gets to 75/150, it tends to be fold or shove. I may even limp premium hands to induce an all-raise from villian if he's the agressive sort.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:28 PM

J10xs