FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: OP's Buddy is a
Wimp 37 36.27%
Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

Pretty happy with everyone on the Hawks, especially the rookies and Craig Claxton's bench-warming ass.

PG's
-Law looks like he should be starting by Thanksgiving. Gave the Hawks the slashing PG that helps their kickout game so much.
-Lue was what he is, crafty vet who'll play 15-20 minutes a game and put some of the best per/minute numbers on the team. God how I used to hate him, but now I can't get enough.
-AJ started the game and I'm not sure if he ever came back in after the first quarter. It's ok, he wasn't needed. He's definitely first PG on the trading block.
-West only played a couple minutes at the end of each half in obvious defensive situations, but he shut down the one shot he had to at the end of the first.

SG's
-Joe Joe Joe. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I just hope he doesn't have to keep playing 46 minutes as the season moves along.
-Law played here for a bit too with Lue at the point and I kinda liked it for a change of pace.

SF's
-Marvin was very good. I really hope he stays healthy b/c I think he's ready to blossom into why we drafted him.
-Chill looked a little rough shooting this game, but still hauled in 6 offensive boards and helped handle the ball.

Bigs
-Horford went for 9 and 10 and would've put up closer to 15/12 if you had been able to stay out of foul trouble. The rook'll learn, and he'll be a quick impact player.
-Smoove still plays too fast from time to time, but he is looking better. 18 and 11 rule, but 6 TO's hurt. He's going to need to show continual improvement here, especially when it comes to not shooting 3's. 0-4 ugh. At least he seems to have improved his free throw stroke. Looked much more confident and hit 8-8. Basically ended the game with the board of Shelden's free throw late.
-Shelden was up and down. Got 30 minutes out of him for 6 and 9 which is decent. He's not going to be a big scorer, but if he can keep manning up on defense and pulling down boards he'll help the team a lot.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:31 PM

nice writeup mmb.. agree on pretty much everything, especially j-smoove.. there were a couple times he'd make a nice play on defense followed by a bone-headed pass on the other hand.. also cringed everytime he set up for a three

funny you mention lue, i hated him after that laker-76ers finals several years ago but he definitely has become one of my favorite players on this team
Old 11-02-2007, 10:34 PM

I'm really excited to get more national KG this year. I think he's my favorite player in the league, and I'd take him over Duncan.

As a Bulls fan though, I'm a little scared of this Boston team. And by a little, I mean a lot.

22/20/5/3/3 wowoowwow
Old 11-02-2007, 10:37 PM

'tone,

Joe, gotta love Joe--well I do at least.

No excuses but no Howard and Devin hurt 14 minutes into the game is pretty tough. Dallas deeper this year than last and Atl played well tonight so give them credit though.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:38 PM

wtf was that - did the celtics just win the title? kg and pierce embracing with hands raised as they leave the court? that was retarded.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 PM

I'm such a Pacers fanboy. I'm well aware that we suck, but two last-minute wins -- one of them against the team I hate the most -- and I was already jumping up and down like it was 2000.

The team is doing some nice things on offense that they didn't do last year. Mainly, people are moving without the ball. There was a nice play in the third quarter where they dumped the ball to Jermaine O'Neal, and Jeff Foster cut to the basket for a layup. That would never have happened last year. This pains me to admit, since Rick Carlisle is my favorite coach of all time.

Danny Granger has had an awesome first couple of games. I'm skeptical about whether he'll be able to keep it up, but if he can this team will be a lot better than people (including myself) predicted.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:40 PM

td,

Clearly the lineup situations helped Atl. No Devin, Josh and Craig were all pluses. No Zaza might've hurt if there had been a little more foul trouble, but as it stood no biggie. However, with the rough first 6 we'll take whatever we can get. 3-3 would be a great start.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:07 PM

22/20/5/3/3

that's disgusting. KG is da man!
Old 11-02-2007, 11:17 PM

John Salmons MIP?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 PM

somebody tell brian skinner to shave that nasty facial hair.