Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-12-2007, 05:20 AM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default Those of you in the New Orleans area...

English Turn Country Club is having a poker night this Thursday November 15th at 7pm featuring me. I'll be doing a Q&A session on PNL and anything else poker related. Then there will be a $100 buy-in tournament, during which time I'll probably be signing books. Come on by if you're in the area. Directions are here.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Re: Those of you in the New Orleans area...

Leaving NO tomorrow. If I was still in town I'd be interested in coming, but frankly, the 5-10 NL game at Harrah's is the best possible wet lab for your writings, and it is very difficult to leave.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:43 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller
Default Re: Those of you in the New Orleans area...

[ QUOTE ]
Leaving NO tomorrow. If I was still in town I'd be interested in coming, but frankly, the 5-10 NL game at Harrah's is the best possible wet lab for your writings, and it is very difficult to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....good to see that Harrah's NO is still in typical form...

if anyone else is in the area, come on down to the Turn tonight.....
Old 11-15-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Carpooling

There don't appear to be too many 504ers lurking, but anyone looking to carpool can PM me if they want to hitch a ride.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Carpooling

Jesus Christ, I can't believe I missed this thread. I'm so mad right now that I don't check these boards often enough. I never play NLHE, but I'm willing to throw down $100 just for this experience.

How did everything run, Sunny? Will this type of thing be happening again anytime soon?

::sigh:: I guess I'm off to the grand-opening of the new uptown Frat House (where Jimmy's used to be, 8200 Willow St., I believe). I really wish I had played in this tournament, gah!