Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2006, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Hand against Mark Seif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet. he's likely capping big aces and smaller two pair. he could easily have a pair and a flush draw which he might not bet unimproved on the river but will pay off. this is mark seif after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is of course what I did.

-Brad
Old 01-12-2006, 09:09 PM

Default Turn and River

So of course I 3bet and Mark capped. Judging from the replies so far I assume the river action will be call / bet when checked to / pay off checkraise / raise A or 9 river. That was my plan anyway. Anyone see it differently?

-Brad
Old 01-12-2006, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Turn and River

"Anyone see it differently?"

from what you told me about him (and i do understand the type of player youre describing) i think you should take the line i advised on the turn, 3 betting makes no sense, and raising the river may not even be all that great. it's not that weird for someone who doesnt understand the game to think it's right to raise a lot preflop, but then they play relatively loose passive weak postflop.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:09 AM

LOLOL Q3o NO GOOD SEIF
Old 01-13-2006, 06:24 AM

I know nothing about the celebrity poker world, but is this really the same guy listed here? Just doesn't add up.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know nothing about the celebrity poker world, but is this really the same guy listed here? Just doesn't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]You don't have to be a high stakes limit shark to be able to win a no limit holdem tournament, for that matter you don't have to be a high stakes limit shark to win a limit tournament
Old 01-13-2006, 07:33 AM

Sure, that's a rather obvious point, I'm not talking about a single win. Did you actually look at his rather impressive career? Also note that it includes both NLHE and Stud wins, which should suggest some understanding of fundementals.....
Old 01-13-2006, 10:11 AM

as far as i know he a spokesperson for the site and donks around for fun/for publicity whatever for the site. i don't think he actully sucks this bad.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as far as i know he a spokesperson for the site and donks around for fun/for publicity whatever for the site. i don't think he actully sucks this bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting because in my database he is a significant loser. I mean hes "donkin around" with a lot of money. Also after this hand he cursed me for how bad he said i played it and anounced that the table was full of fish that put in so much money when they are behind and obviously beat. Doesnt sound like something someone who doesnt care about the money would do... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-Brad
Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 AM

Default River Card

The river brought another 9. Seif bet, I raised, Seif called, showed T2 of diamonds for the flopped flush and cursed my name. He then went on a mini-tirade about how bad everyone at the table plays and how his skill cannot beat our luck.

My only question about the hand was if there is merit in a turn 3bet when it will always result in putting in 4 bets when behind and against seif will seldom result in 4 bets going in on the turn when ahead (he really is weaker postflop than people seem to think). I still think the 3bet is correct but his berating my play after the hand did make me stop to consider the other side.

-Brad