Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 04:51 AM

Default 99 bluff

Villain is a 35/25/3 reg with like 45% att to steal. This is first time I 3bet him on this table. I am not aware of any previous history between us, however the sample size indicated we might have had some before.

No IQ poker 0.25/0.50, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop | <font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button <font color="#C00000">SirDupon ($85.30)</font>
SB <font color="#C00000">Hero ($60.66)</font>
BB KINGofHARTZZZ ($51.95)
UTG cheeta666 ($55.64)
UTG+1 lemmefly ($87.35)
CO rix29 ($53.15)

Preflop: Hero is in the SB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
cheeta666 calls 0.50, 2 folds, SirDupon raises to 2.50, Hero raises to 8.50, 2 folds, SirDupon calls 6.25.

Flop (18.50) K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets 12.00, SirDupon calls 12.00.

Flop call is instant. I really don't expect him to have draws here and my immediate reaction is JJ-TT. I believe he'd take more time with QQ.

Turn (42.50) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, SirDupon checks.

My idea is to rep AK, so on a board like this I am more than comfortable to give a free card to a 3outer. My standard play is to check. If he has any notes on me, he must have never seen me lead out a safe turn in a 3bet pot before anyway. Another quick check behind.

River (42.50) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero moves all-in for 39.91

Total blank.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:55 AM

Default Re: 99 bluff

I'd like the reraise pf more when villain had opened the pot.
You say you'd check behind AK on this turn always with the flush draw on the board in a reraised pot? You have already more than 30% of your stack in the middle, so pot control isn't that much of a topic. I think you'd represent AK better if you pushed the turn.
Anyway, his instant actions show that he wants to get to showdown and doesn't need to think about raising, so probably has a moderate holding. K9s+, KTo+, medium PP. If he is able to lay something like that down, that shove is good, imo.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 AM

I would look you up with TT+ here, I think that if you had a king you would never check the turn, or at least most players would expect you not to. I like this play with a king but not without it
Old 09-13-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would look you up with TT+ here, I think that if you had a king you would never check the turn, or at least most players would expect you not to. I like this play with a king but not without it

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is exactly what killed me here. I play the king this way because I get action from TT on the river against fishes. And for some reason I assumed that the villain understands this, but he proved me wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another thing though that tilted me is how the heck did he get to the river with TT. I am clueless how he called three streets with it without extensive history. How does this kind of thinking operate.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:04 AM

See, when you have a K this is great, because people think the turn check is weak and will look you up on the river. When you have 99 it's not so great, because people think the turn check is weak and will look you up on the river.

It took me awhile before I realised that people are very resistant to laying down TT+ in 3bet pots.

This is probably especially true of this villain given his stats. I don't think I really like preflop either.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM

What? His PFR OTB is 45%.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing though that tilted me is how the heck did he get to the river with TT. I am clueless how he called three streets with it without extensive history. How does this kind of thinking operate.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has invested quite some money in the pot already, someone has told him that TT is a very strong hand and he has busted someone before who was bluffing. That's all he needs. After this hand, he will never lay down TT in his entire life.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:30 AM

like ama said I am looking you up wide here because your line looks like a bluff more then a K
Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He has invested quite some money in the pot already, someone has told him that TT is a very strong hand and he has busted someone before who was bluffing. That's all he needs. After this hand, he will never lay down TT in his entire life.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I read this an EV+ in a the long run provided he is a regular [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]