raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
All,

I know chuck, the owner of full_tilting. I hesitated to write anything on the subject because he didn't want to draw more attention, but you guys are harassing him at the tables, so might as well prove you guys wrong instead of ignoring it.

Chuck is not using any form of a bot. He plays on full_tilting, and his friends play on the other accounts. They come over, play from the same IP address on different computers, and play exactly the same because they chop up all the profits. They sit next to each other and help each other out with difficult decisions, which is perfectly within the terms and conditions of FTP.

They are hard core grinders. They sit there all day to grind low limits and turn a good profit. Because of some player accusing them of being a bot, their accounts were frozen for the past month and a half, and they lost out on all of that potential profit. However, Full Tilt completely exonerated all accounts associated with full_tilting of any wrong doing.

Again, they're not bots or anything illegal against Full Tilt's terms and conditions. They are simply dedicated grinders who have developed a preflop and postflop style, and never deviate from it unless they have to adjust. They hammer new players and adjust for the regulars.

Now you know why they play so similarly; they play exactly the same. Chuck is a good guy, and to be honest, doesn't even know how to configure his virus protection; I had to do it for him. They play next to each other for motivation and chop up profits to reduce variance. Coming in every day, grinding, and sharing in the highs and lows makes it an enjoyable experience for them and is why they're able to grind for so long every day. It's a couple friends just shooting the shtt and putting a jihad on the 200nl tables.

tl;dr: They're not bots and they are acting within Full Tilt's terms and conditions.

-nation

ps: chuck has requested that his pictures be taken down from this thread, so if one of the Zoo mods could satisfy that request, he'd appreciate it. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

nation,

So without botting, even though they have the same gameplan, they have such consistently same stats over 100K+ hands?

They all take exactly the same time to act even when faced with difficult decisions?

They would tell the truth if they only botted part-time and played manually the rest?

They need to be in the same room to chop profits and can't either trust each other or send screen shots of cashiers?

He would tell the truth if there was only one player with multiple accounts to play more tables?

That's a multi-team parlay there for it all to be 100% true. You bet on it and I'll pass.

Oh, and BTW! Why no explanation for the time FT was invetigating him/them and their accounts disappeared?
Old 05-09-2007, 07:10 PM

Thanks for posting nation.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:13 PM

Nation,

If they were three different players that "adjust for the regulars" why would all three accounts insta-sit out when OP logs in?

I find it hard to believe that any three players would have such identical stats no matter what proximity or shared strategies.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:14 PM

I would like to see the player in question come on here and answer some questions.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 PM

Oh, and BTW! Why no explanation for the time FT was invetigating him/them and their accounts disappeared?

they were probably not allowed to play while being investigated.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:15 PM

BT,

Yes, they have exactly the same stats. They developed a specific way to play preflop, all memorized it, and use it in exactly the same way.

I'm not sure what you mean by exactly the same time, but that's just not the case. They may take longer than usual because many times they play above 8 tables. But to say that they take the same time is just wrong, not to mention a statement with zero evidence, should I shouldn't even have to defend that.

As far as them maybe using bots but lying about it, Chuck is one of my best friends. I have gone over to his house many times while they were grinding. You'll just have to believe me when I say they don't use bots. You can also take Full Tilt's month long analysis.

They don't need to be in the same room, but they play together mostly for motivation and for help during hands when faced with a difficult decision. It's very effective to put in the hands when you grind full ring for a living, and I know this because I grind full ring and my roommate and I used to enjoy sitting next to each other and motivating each other to play more, and more importantly, to play well. You'd be suprised how much tilt was reduced just by having someone to talk to right after.

Their accounts disappeared because full tilt froze all their accounts during the whole time. Only in the past few weeks were they unlocked and now they have started to play again.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BT,

Yes, they have exactly the same stats. They developed a specific way to play preflop, all memorized it, and use it in exactly the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's more than one street of play to account for. And it gets WAY MORE COMPLEX from there. The Univ. of Alberta hasn't even figured out a solution to postflop HU, so your buddy(ies) haven't either.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see the player in question come on here and answer some questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah really. Tho I guess nation gives way more credibility to the story than someone with some new account.

Still seems really suspicious to me, but I think thats some pretty overwhelming evidence.

lol, over/under on how long till an FTP representative responds now? I say like 30 mins
Old 05-09-2007, 07:19 PM

You know what's embarrassing? The troll from earlier might end up being right as far as a "team" playing together.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:19 PM

man i'm smart